Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Feb 6, 2013, 05:19 PM   #1
JukeBoxJosh
macrumors newbie

Recording Webcam and Screen as Separate Files

Is there a good way to record both my screen and my webcam, as separate files at the same time? I tried using QuickTime Player and it recorded the webcam and external audio fine until I started to do anything while recording the screen (in this case, a game). At that point the video and the audio for the webcam were at different rates, the video all of a sudden slowing down, and the audio normal.

I'd do a PIP thing as one file, like Screeny or like some livestreams you'll find, but these aren't going up live and I'd like to switch focus in some video editor whenever I talk and what's going on my screen isn't a big deal or important. For instance, if I was just talking at a game over screen I could switch the game to the bottom corner and I could take up the rest of the screen.

Is there a good way to do this? Or am I just doomed to have it all as one file that I can't really control after the fact?

As for the specs, I have the newest, bare minimum-est 21.5" iMac, if that helps any. Thanks in advance!
JukeBoxJosh is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store