Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Apple, Industry and Internet Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jun 5, 2013, 08:12 AM   #1
monaarts
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Kennesaw, GA
Inheritted Clothing

http://www.apple.com/pr/bios/dan-riccio.html

Do you think Dan Riccio inherrited Steve Job's shirts after his death?
__________________
27" 2011 iMac | iPhone 5S | iPad mini LTE | 2 x TV 3
monaarts is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2013, 09:23 PM   #2
pdjudd
macrumors 68040
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Plymouth, MN
No - at best he got them from the same source that Jobs did which is off the shelf. Steve Jobs did not have a global exclusive supply of turtlenecks. I bet they are pretty popular at Apple - especially for the corporate headshots and other promo material.
pdjudd is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2013, 08:53 AM   #3
ucfgrad93
macrumors G5
 
ucfgrad93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdjudd View Post
I bet they are pretty popular at Apple - especially for the corporate headshots and other promo material.
My guess would be that they are required for things like this.
ucfgrad93 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2013, 10:51 PM   #4
pdjudd
macrumors 68040
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Plymouth, MN
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucfgrad93 View Post
My guess would be that they are required for things like this.
I have no trouble believing that. Most executives dress alike for their corporate photos to the public.
pdjudd is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2013, 05:11 AM   #5
maflynn
Moderator
 
maflynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Boston
Many executives also prefer to emulate those they admire, and given Job's success its conceivable that there are those that emulate his style in clothing.
__________________
~Mike Flynn
maflynn is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2013, 05:50 AM   #6
G-Mo
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Auckland, NZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdjudd View Post
No - at best he got them from the same source that Jobs did which is off the shelf. Steve Jobs did not have a global exclusive supply of turtlenecks. I bet they are pretty popular at Apple - especially for the corporate headshots and other promo material.
Actually, they were exclusive. The shirts were designed specifically for Jobs by Japanese designer Issey Miyake and he was given a limited run of about 100.
__________________
ACMT, ACSP, ACTC
MacBook Air (13-inch, Mid 2012) 8GB RAM, 256GB, Mac mini (Late 2012) 16GB RAM, Fusion Drive (128GB SSD/750GB 7200RPM)
iPad mini 16GB, iPhone 4S 16GB
G-Mo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2013, 01:21 PM   #7
pdjudd
macrumors 68040
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Plymouth, MN
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Mo View Post
Actually, they were exclusive. The shirts were designed specifically for Jobs by Japanese designer Issey Miyake and he was given a limited run of about 100.
Ok, so that one particular shirt was exclusive, but it isn't exactly that difficult to get a shirt that looks exactly like that which is probably where he got it - I would even bet that Apple has a connection where you employees can order that if they wanted to - but it isn't as if Jobs had a monopoly on that style of shirt.
pdjudd is offline   0 Reply With Quote


Reply
MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Apple, Industry and Internet Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:43 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC