Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jun 17, 2013, 12:11 PM   #1
TH55
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Icon glitch I am experiencing - help please!

I'd say at least once or twice a day when I click an icon to open an app, rather than open it sends the icons into jitter (delete) mode. I can't seem to figure out why this is. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!
TH55 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2013, 02:25 PM   #2
lelisa13p
macrumors 65816
 
lelisa13p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA USA
Perhaps you're holding the icon a wee bit too long?

You have to be firm yet quick.
__________________
Experience is what you get when you thought you were getting something else.
lelisa13p is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2013, 04:26 PM   #3
dictoresno
macrumors 68020
 
dictoresno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NJ
You need to tap and hold the icon for an obviously long amount of time to get it to jiggle vs just tapping. You are either holding it way too long or your screen is messed up.
dictoresno is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2013, 07:24 PM   #4
TH55
Thread Starter
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by dictoresno View Post
You need to tap and hold the icon for an obviously long amount of time to get it to jiggle vs just tapping. You are either holding it way too long or your screen is messed up.
Yeah I think my screen might be messed up. Is that something buying a new LCD could fix? I wanted to anyway bc there is this scratch.

I barely tap the icon, nowhere near long enough to activate jitter mode.

Is there any chance it could be anything other than the screen? I am jailbroken, but I can't see that really effecting it.
TH55 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2013, 04:17 AM   #5
dictoresno
macrumors 68020
 
dictoresno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by TH55 View Post
Yeah I think my screen might be messed up. Is that something buying a new LCD could fix? I wanted to anyway bc there is this scratch.

I barely tap the icon, nowhere near long enough to activate jitter mode.

Is there any chance it could be anything other than the screen? I am jailbroken, but I can't see that really effecting it.
I would revert back to stock to test if it was the jailbreak before buying a new screen. But it's up to you. Which phone is it? If its a 4/4s it could be a simple 1hr fix for $70 to replace the screen/digitizer.
__________________
Verizon iPhone 5S 32GB Space Grey
iPad Mini 16GB Black, iPad 1 32 GB Black
iPod Touch 4th Generation 64GB Black
Apple TV 3rd Generation, Apple AirPort Express 2nd Generation
dictoresno is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2013, 06:56 AM   #6
TH55
Thread Starter
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by dictoresno View Post
I would revert back to stock to test if it was the jailbreak before buying a new screen. But it's up to you. Which phone is it? If its a 4/4s it could be a simple 1hr fix for $70 to replace the screen/digitizer.
$70?? I thought it was only $30-40?
TH55 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2013, 09:04 AM   #7
aPple nErd
macrumors 65816
 
aPple nErd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by TH55 View Post
$70?? I thought it was only $30-40?
ya, $30 bucks for a crap el cheapo junk digitizer...
__________________
white iPhone 5 16gb Verizon 7.0.4; White iPad 3rd generation 32gb white 5.1.1; Blue iPod touch 5th generation 32gb 6.1.2; iPod 4g 6.1.5; all devices are jailbroken
aPple nErd is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2013, 09:06 AM   #8
TH55
Thread Starter
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by aPple nErd View Post
ya, $30 bucks for a crap el cheapo junk digitizer...
Where do I get a legit one?
TH55 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2013, 09:45 AM   #9
aPple nErd
macrumors 65816
 
aPple nErd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by TH55 View Post
Where do I get a legit one?
Well, im jot sure as i have never boutht one, but i do know that any digitizer that is brand new and under $50 bucks is most likely gonna be junk.
__________________
white iPhone 5 16gb Verizon 7.0.4; White iPad 3rd generation 32gb white 5.1.1; Blue iPod touch 5th generation 32gb 6.1.2; iPod 4g 6.1.5; all devices are jailbroken
aPple nErd is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2013, 10:37 AM   #10
TH55
Thread Starter
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by aPple nErd View Post
Well, im jot sure as i have never boutht one, but i do know that any digitizer that is brand new and under $50 bucks is most likely gonna be junk.
Gotcha, prob not worth it then. I might wait for 5S.
TH55 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2013, 10:53 AM   #11
dictoresno
macrumors 68020
 
dictoresno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by TH55 View Post
Where do I get a legit one?
icracked.com is where I get mine from
dictoresno is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2013, 08:42 PM   #12
TH55
Thread Starter
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by dictoresno View Post
icracked.com is where I get mine from
Ok, thanks. Is it the exact same as the factory one? How much?
TH55 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2013, 02:55 AM   #13
dictoresno
macrumors 68020
 
dictoresno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by TH55 View Post
Ok, thanks. Is it the exact same as the factory one? How much?
They are very high quality and hard to distinguish from the OEM screens. If you want to know how much, stop being lazy and look at the website.
__________________
Verizon iPhone 5S 32GB Space Grey
iPad Mini 16GB Black, iPad 1 32 GB Black
iPod Touch 4th Generation 64GB Black
Apple TV 3rd Generation, Apple AirPort Express 2nd Generation
dictoresno is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:12 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC