Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Steveo13

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 25, 2011
South Carolina
I have an iPad 3rd gen and have had a screen protector on it since I opened it. I just got a smart case when put the iPad in the case, some of the screen protector came off around the edges and wont go back on and now there is a little dirt under some of it. I am wondering if I should just take it off and leave it off, or should I keep it on and replace it?

Storrow

macrumors regular
May 25, 2006
Take it off. iPads don't really need a screen protector under normal use as long as you have some type of cover like a Smart Cover. Just make sure that you don't set your ipad down on abrasive dirt or sand when the cover is flipped around back so when you close it it stays on the inside of the cover and scratches the screen.

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
Sand is one of the few things that will scratch an iPad screen reliably. If you're not around sand, don't bother with a screen protector.

I advise anyone who uses their iPad at the beach to get one. My iPad 2 had a few hairline scratches caused by sand that got under my smart cover early on.

ChrisMan287

macrumors 6502
Nov 18, 2012
NY.
Since day one with my iPad2, I've never had a screen protector.

Take it off!
naughty-salute-smiley-emoticon.gif

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.