Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
Starting the May Thread

Hi, all.

I have updated the Welcome post for the thread with the changes discussed earlier this month (editing out Fortnightly Challenge and adding the link to the archive sticky) and uploaded it to my Docs folder. To start the next months thread, please click the link in my sig and download a copy of the Revised Welcome Post, change the date and copy/paste it. All formatting and links should be good to go.

I've een busy with life, but will check in when I can.

Dale

AT06

macrumors 6502
Dec 30, 2012
Winwick, UK
Hi, all.

I have updated the Welcome post for the thread with the changes discussed earlier this month (editing out Fortnightly Challenge and adding the link to the archive sticky) and uploaded it to my Docs folder. To start the next months thread, please click the link in my sig and download a copy of the Revised Welcome Post, change the date and copy/paste it. All formatting and links should be good to go.

I've een busy with life, but will check in when I can.

Dale

Can I make a slight few changes to the formatting?

Code:
Welcome to Photo of the Day. The POTD thread was started by iGary in May, 2006 and converted to a monthly thread in November 2007 by Arn. POTD is one of the most popular picture groups on MacRumors, often exceeding 500 posts and 20,000 views per month.

Photo of the Day is intended to be a showcase for your best pictures. There is no limit to your gear, just your imagination. P&S and film cameras are welcome along with DSLRs. There are no themes like the Weekly Contest, and no winners (or losers) either.

[U][B]Policies:[/B][/U]

[B]*One Photo per Day[/B] - Don't post more than one photo each day.

[B]*Quote with Thumbnails[/B] - When you quote an image please restore it's thumbnail before replying. You can do this either by installing the AutoTIMG browser extension or by editing the code by hand.

[B]*Multi-Quote[/B] - To comment on several photos, click the Multi-Quote button. This puts all your comments in one post. Multi-Quoting is required on all of the MacRumors forums.

[B]*SFW (Safe for Work) only[/B] - This is a site - wide rule. If you wouldn't show it in a public place, then it's NSFW (not safe for work). Think before you post.

[B]*Describe your photo[/B] - Tell what it is and where you took it. If you know the EXIF data of a photo, include it. The following EXIF fields are recommended: Camera, ISO, Focal Length, Shutter/Aperture and Lens.

[U][B]Tutorials:[/B][/U]

If you need any help with posting, try one of these tutorials.

[URL="https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0B1nHFOBDdle8NDM3ZWQ5ZDEtMDQwYi00ZTNlLTk0OTEtZjUzMjk3NWRiMzli&hl=en_US"]Posting Photos to Photo Forums from Flickr and ImageShack[/URL]

[URL="https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0B1nHFOBDdle8MzU5ODQ4NDAtNGFkYi00NjY4LTk5OTctOGQxMDkxZmM0NjYz&hl=en_US"]How to Quote, Multi-Quote and Edit[/URL]

sunnyj

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2010
Vancouver, British Columbia
8691982450_97a50de475_c.jpg

Mom's New Sewing Machine by Sunny Jhooty, on Flickr

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
Can I make a slight few changes to the formatting?

Code:
Welcome to Photo of the Day. The POTD thread was started by iGary in May, 2006 and converted to a monthly thread in November 2007 by Arn. POTD is one of the most popular picture groups on MacRumors, often exceeding 500 posts and 20,000 views per month.

Photo of the Day is intended to be a showcase for your best pictures. There is no limit to your gear, just your imagination. P&S and film cameras are welcome along with DSLRs. There are no themes like the Weekly Contest, and no winners (or losers) either.

[U][B]Policies:[/B][/U]

[B]*One Photo per Day[/B] - Don't post more than one photo each day.

[B]*Quote with Thumbnails[/B] - When you quote an image please restore it's thumbnail before replying. You can do this either by installing the AutoTIMG browser extension or by editing the code by hand.

[B]*Multi-Quote[/B] - To comment on several photos, click the Multi-Quote button. This puts all your comments in one post. Multi-Quoting is required on all of the MacRumors forums.

[B]*SFW (Safe for Work) only[/B] - This is a site - wide rule. If you wouldn't show it in a public place, then it's NSFW (not safe for work). Think before you post.

[B]*Describe your photo[/B] - Tell what it is and where you took it. If you know the EXIF data of a photo, include it. The following EXIF fields are recommended: Camera, ISO, Focal Length, Shutter/Aperture and Lens.

[U][B]Tutorials:[/B][/U]

If you need any help with posting, try one of these tutorials.

[URL="https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0B1nHFOBDdle8NDM3ZWQ5ZDEtMDQwYi00ZTNlLTk0OTEtZjUzMjk3NWRiMzli&hl=en_US"]Posting Photos to Photo Forums from Flickr and ImageShack[/URL]

[URL="https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0B1nHFOBDdle8MzU5ODQ4NDAtNGFkYi00NjY4LTk5OTctOGQxMDkxZmM0NjYz&hl=en_US"]How to Quote, Multi-Quote and Edit[/URL]

I can't say yes or no because it's not really mine, I'm just the gatekeeper. The document (including formatting) was developed by a group of us in an open forum discussion that took around a month to complete back in 2009 or so. If you're interested in proposing changes, feel free to open a thread and solicit input from the forum community. It's an interesting process.

Dale

AT06

macrumors 6502
Dec 30, 2012
Winwick, UK
I can't say yes or no because it's not really mine, I'm just the gatekeeper. The document (including formatting) was developed by a group of us in an open forum discussion that took around a month to complete back in 2009 or so. If you're interested in proposing changes, feel free to open a thread and solicit input from the forum community. It's an interesting process.

Dale

Okay - I'm not making changes, just altering the spacing. Nice to know MacRumors is a democracy.

ijohn.8.80

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2012
Adelaide, Oztwaylya.
It's amazing how much the colors of the orange-red rocks and earth come alive in those golden hour moments.

delicatearch20130422686.jpg

Fabulous contrasting colour range to this series fcortese, really enjoyable to my eyes.

Here's a building I love to hate. It has some interesting perspectives to it, but is challengingly flanked by carparking on its two exposed sides. I liked this view from down low with the gas-meter in the foreground, just a pity about the orange builders bollard and taping to keep people off the garden bed. :rolleyes:

Canon 60D, Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.