Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

unsped

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 10, 2010
Looking to get an iPad mini 16gb w/ verizon and wondering what my options are at the moment. Is there a retailer I can place a phone order with and get free shipping / no tax?

Thanks,
unsped

siurpeeman

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2006
the OC
b&h photo comes to mind, but you're better off buying from walmart with their current discount. $299 plus tax is still less than $329 elsewhere.

:edit:
it looks like walmart's discount is only for the 16gb wifi. if that was the model you wanted, it's still the way to go. otherwise, try b&h photo. i've had good experiences shopping from them. good return policy, too.

SnowLeopard2008

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2008
Silicon Valley
b&h photo comes to mind, but you're better off buying from walmart with their current discount. $299 plus tax is still less than $329 elsewhere.

:edit:
it looks like walmart's discount is only for the 16gb wifi. if that was the model you wanted, it's still the way to go. otherwise, try b&h photo. i've had good experiences shopping from them. good return policy, too.

Second B&H Photo. I bought many expensive electronics from them. Shipping is free and relatively quick. No tax. And excellent customer service.

unsped

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 10, 2010
Oh I thought BH was required to start charging tax with amazon etc.. last year. I will have to double check.

unsped

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 10, 2010
BH isn't charging tax. I know the 299 16gb is a good deal right now, but I have unlmited LTE on my phone so sim swapping is just too irresistible. Thanks folks.

ablesv

macrumors newbie
May 10, 2013
yeah,i think so, I thought BH was required to start charging tax with amazon etc.thanks
liyP

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005

When is the last time you lived in CA long enough to order something from Amazon and have it shipped to your CA address?

They charge tax. If you live in CA, good luck not paying tax.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.