Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oneeyeman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 14, 2012
Hi, ALL,
This is my first post here, so apologies if I break something... ;-)

I am a Software Developer and recently I started working with Mac.
I do have a Mac laptop (well my daughter does, I just borrowing) with Snow Leopard installed from the original CD.

I did developed a program which successfully built and run on my Mac which has XCode 4.2 + SDK 10.6 and on one of my employer's Mac which has the same configuration.

Apparently the Mac in the main office has Mac OSX 10.5 and the program didn't want to run. So I've been asked to recompile with SDK 10.5.

The first thing I did is to check whether my original Snow Leopard disk contains such SDK. Apparently the only file it has is Mac10.6.pkg or something like this.

So I went online however, it looks like this SDK is no longer available.

Could somebody please tell me if this package is available and if yes, where can I get it. The developer I was working with is out of the country right now, but I want to try and solve this first without him.

Thank you.

phoenixsan

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2012
In some moment of time....

I developed and compiled some apps for clients, back in OS X 10.6 If my memory works, back then, Apple (in the developer program/section) mantained an archive of the last 3 SDKs before the current OS running ( so in that time, the archive would go back to SDK OS X 10.3). So, my first tip is search in the Apple Developer section. But I am aware that access to that info is paid. And no sure if the back archive still operates. Other option is to google out that specific piece of sofware and see what do you get. Or find some repository of old developer tools for OS X 10.5

Other option, albeit farfetched is a ebay search. Maybe somebody still have the disks around and sell it

Good luck!

:):apple:

bumper314

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2009
You don't necessarily need the 10.5 SDK. You just need to set the deployment target to be 10.5.

However, if you need PowerPC support, you will need the 10.5 SDK. I'm not sure if Xcode 4.2 can compile for PowerPC. The last one I know that worked was Xcode 3.2.5.

If you do need the old stuff, I have it, just PM me.

oneeyeman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 14, 2012
Sorry for the OT, but how do I send the PM here?
I don't see a link anywhere which will bring me to the PM mailbox...

Thank you.

P.S.: Sorry for a long delay. I did check "Notify me of the new posts to my thread" when I registered, but I didn't get any notifications.

bumper314

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2009
I'm not entirely sure how to PM on here either. You can email me at my username at gmail

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.