Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AztecKing

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 22, 2007
Southern Oregon
I used to use iPhoto and then switched to Aperture a couple years ago and quit using iPhoto then. Now I'm trying to open some of these photos to make some adjustments and it won't let me. Do I need to upgrade to the latest iPhoto and open them up there?

kevinfulton.ca

macrumors 6502
Aug 29, 2011
I used to use iPhoto and then switched to Aperture a couple years ago and quit using iPhoto then. Now I'm trying to open some of these photos to make some adjustments and it won't let me. Do I need to upgrade to the latest iPhoto and open them up there?

If you update to the latest versions of Aperture and iPhoto you will be able to open you iPhoto library in Aperture. Hope this helps.

Efrem

macrumors regular
Jul 30, 2009
If you update to the latest versions of Aperture and iPhoto you will be able to open you iPhoto library in Aperture. Hope this helps.
I think the problem is the other way round: the OP wants to open his/her Aperture library in iPhoto.

(I don't know the answer, though.)

MCAsan

macrumors 601
Jul 9, 2012
Atlanta
The file structure/library was unifed in latest Aperture and iPhoto. Update both to make sure all older photos can be read by either.

AztecKing

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 22, 2007
Southern Oregon
I was afraid of this. I'll get the latest iPhoto downloaded. I was hoping I wouldn't need it to open these pictures in Aperture.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.