Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Apple, Industry and Internet Discussion

Old Jan 5, 2013, 09:49 AM   #26
NewbieCanada
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by maflynn View Post
Not in the Microsoft Store where I live. The place is packed to the gills - quite a busy place I have to say
Wow, you live in a Microsoft store?

To be honest I have no idea, apart from one or two news stories, how crowded MS stores are or aren't, nor do I really care. I'm just not going to let my apathy keep me from making a lame joke, because that's what I really DO care about.
Old Jan 5, 2013, 01:10 PM   #27
xMClass
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknblogger View Post
I understand that but your observation is flawed. The stores look similar but not the same. There aren't that many different ways to showcase computers and other electronics. By your logic Macy's, Sachs, Sears and Lord and Taylor all look the same.
You are taking this way too seriously. We're just comparing stores here, pal. All I said was the only difference is the amount of people inside. An observation. Not once did I say they're exactly the same. Of course, they aren't. No need to get all logical.
Old Jan 5, 2013, 05:37 PM   #28
rocknblogger
macrumors 68000

Send a message via Skype™ to rocknblogger
Quote:
Originally Posted by xMClass View Post
You are taking this way too seriously. We're just comparing stores here, pal. All I said was the only difference is the amount of people inside. An observation. Not once did I say they're exactly the same. Of course, they aren't. No need to get all logical.
I'm not taking it as seriously as you think but the image the OP posted clearly says "Blatant rip-off". I'm simply pointing out that its not.
Old Jan 5, 2013, 06:47 PM   #29
Huntn
macrumors 604

At the Mall of America there is a MS store across the hall from the Apple Store. Last time I was there, the Apple store was overflowing. Some of them drifted into the MS Store. It had lots of room.
Huntn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2013, 06:56 PM   #30
boss.king
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken Master View Post
Did computer stores look anything like the Apple store before it debuted?

I distinctly remember them looking like CompUSA, Best Buy, Circuit City, or best of all, Radio Shack.
Lots of stores did, not just computer stores.
Old Jan 5, 2013, 08:11 PM   #31
TSE
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntn View Post
At the Mall of America there is a MS store across the hall from the Apple Store. Last time I was there, the Apple store was overflowing. Some of them drifted into the MS Store. It had lots of room.
The Microsoft store there seems much larger than the Apple store. I've been there a couple times and it's actually usually pretty busy, just never as busy as the Apple store.

What I don't like about the Microsoft Store is they have some models out in the floor room that have been updated. Why sell outdated hardware?
Old Jan 5, 2013, 10:20 PM   #32
tech4all
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc11 View Post
What rip off? That is like saying you walked into Home Depot and Lowes and were shocked they both sold lightbulbs and lumber. What did you expect the Microsoft store to sell, dolls??? Other than that your pictures to me show two very different looking stores.
Thumb resize.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc11 View Post
Um failed post IMHO.
Indeed your post is. They are clearly talking about the layout of the stores, NOT the content of the stores.

Wow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G51989 View Post
Thumb resize.

Thumb resize.

OH NOES BOSE IS COPYING.

Wait, Bose has been building stores like that since the 90s Oh wait.....I think thats how ALL stores work, tables and racks with items for sale on th em.

Really, this is silly. Is Target copying Wal Mart because they have a large building with items inside?

----------

Well, all those retailers copy Apple by offering items for sale on racks and tables........dirty filthy copiers....
Not as much as MS is. While it may be silly, the Bose store clearly has a different store layout than Apple and MS stores; both stores have an open layout where the Bose is has a structure in the middle.

Yes I'm splitting hairs, but this is a forum after all right?
Old Jan 6, 2013, 12:39 AM   #33
dxstewart
macrumors member

I can see the similarities. Meh.

But if we're comparing, I'd add those Sony Style stores into the mix...

Last edited by dxstewart; Jan 6, 2013 at 12:50 AM.
dxstewart is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Apple, Industry and Internet Discussion