Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues

Old Jan 24, 2013, 05:22 PM   #101
skunk
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanMuir View Post
Sigh.

And if you go further back, 'Native' Americans are immigrants too.

How much longer are we going to play this game?
They did not displace any aboriginal inhabitants. Doesn't count.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 06:05 PM   #102
bradl
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squadleader View Post
Like you can dictate morals to the rest of us...Im off to pay my reservation taxes, shoot craps at the Hardrock.....
Apparently, I just did. There's a lot you can learn from someone who doesn't look like you. Perhaps walking a mile (or in my ancestor's case, over 1000) may give you better perception (though somehow, I don't think it will).

BL.

Last edited by maflynn; Jan 26, 2013 at 06:56 AM. Reason: removed deleted text from quote
bradl is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 08:01 AM   #103
bad03xtreme
macrumors 6502a

George Washington, because he understood himself to be the President of a Republic in which the people, through their elected representatives in Congress, make laws–not some visionary leader who must define what Progress requires and lead the unenlightened masses there, much like whom we have in office today...

He believed America needed a strong military so that it could “choose peace or war, as our interest guided by justice shall Counsel.”

It's a shame his birthday is now somehow morphed into a holiday to celebrate all Presidents.

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues