Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old Feb 5, 2013, 07:29 AM   #1
Macaroooon
macrumors 6502

Jailbreak - help

I've got an iPhone 5, and I've never jail broken one before, and I don't really know what it is.

Can anyone explain it to me and tell me the implications of it, is it safe?

And how do you do it with the new untethered version\?
Macaroooon is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2013, 10:57 AM   #2
Jakebrown
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macaroooon View Post
I've read up on google, I was hoping for people who's actually done it's opinions!
Its brilliant.
Check out these :

Swipe Selection, Ask to Call, Full Screen Safari, Safari Download enabler, Safari Download manager, iCleaner, Maps Opener (Defaults to google maps instead of apple map), NCSettings (wifi, bluetooth etc shortcuts), 3GUnrestrictor (Download on 3g).

Those are what I jailbreak for, it makes the phone easier to use and gives me better capability when browsing and downloading.
Jakebrown is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2013, 02:15 PM   #3
Macaroooon
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakebrown View Post
Its brilliant.
Check out these :

Swipe Selection, Ask to Call, Full Screen Safari, Safari Download enabler, Safari Download manager, iCleaner, Maps Opener (Defaults to google maps instead of apple map), NCSettings (wifi, bluetooth etc shortcuts), 3GUnrestrictor (Download on 3g).

Those are what I jailbreak for, it makes the phone easier to use and gives me better capability when browsing and downloading.
Thank you!

I reckon I'm going to do it.

One thing, so I have to turn of the pass code function before hand, and close itunes?
Macaroooon is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2013, 02:17 PM   #4
Tyler23
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macaroooon View Post
Thank you!

I reckon I'm going to do it.

One thing, so I have to turn of the pass code function before hand, and close itunes?
Yes, turn off your passcode lock and also close iTunes. It's best to just not touch the computer while it's running, and definitely do not touch your phone once it has started until it tells you to do so.

Good luck and enjoy.
Tyler23 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks