Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Jan 15, 2013, 10:50 AM   #1
Kimbie
macrumors regular

Remove "New" from installed applications

Had a search and can not seem to find it, but anyway to turn off the "New" tag programmes get when installed on the iPad at all?

Thanks

kImbie
Kimbie is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2013, 11:08 AM   #2
braddick
macrumors 68030

Open the app for the first time and then the next time it is open (and so forth) it will not have that label.
braddick is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2013, 11:24 AM   #3
stuaz
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimbie View Post
Had a search and can not seem to find it, but anyway to turn off the "New" tag programmes get when installed on the iPad at all?

Thanks

kImbie
Just wondering, why would you want that removed? (I kinda like it as it helps me find the app sometimes when its installed) but each to there own.

To my knowledge the only way to turn it off is to open the app.
stuaz is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2013, 11:30 AM   #4
mpayne2k
macrumors 6502a

I haven't seen any option to turn that feature off. I'm sure a jailbroken app will let you remove the "new" tag.

When first setting up a restored iPad it is kinda odd to see every app with this tag, but it does make it easier to figure out what app has been opened and which I still need to get to when setting up my settings in the app or signing in....
mpayne2k is online now   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad