Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

boba7523

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 14, 2011
What's up guys saw the thread here about a black bezel and was wondering if anyone actually produced these in the U.S.? I'd love to have one in black and having a MacBook Air writing on the bottom instead of leaving it blank.

Edit: Also, one that doesn't cost $20+. I cannot understand why someone would pay that kind of money for a piece of vinyl.

Last edited:

boba7523

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 14, 2011
Personal preference. Loved my MBP with the black glossy bezel and would like it on my MBA.

Precious store sells it, but apparently 1.) they don't ship to U.S. and 2.) "MacBook Air" can't be put on the skin because Apple doesn't want accessories to have its logo........

weckart

macrumors 603
Nov 7, 2004
I have no idea why anybody would want to stick some black plastic around the screen, it looks so tacky and cheap IMO.

Look at all the sad tattoos that people are happy to festoon themselves with. Crap taste abounds.

Beanoir

macrumors 6502a
Dec 9, 2010
51 degrees North
Personal preference. Loved my MBP with the black glossy bezel and would like it on my MBA.

Precious store sells it, but apparently 1.) they don't ship to U.S. and 2.) "MacBook Air" can't be put on the skin because Apple doesn't want accessories to have its logo........

I don't disagree that the bezel on the MBP looked, but that wasn't a sticker.

So my comments still stand, and you won't replicate what Apple did to the MBP using some sticky back plastic.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.