Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Mar 3, 2013, 09:24 PM   #76
Mr. McMac
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytbody View Post
very nice. could you show me how to take a picture/capture like that and I'll show you what I get and why I don't want lastpass
The easiest way is do a screen capture by pressing the shift and command keys, then press 3 which will take a picture of your desktop. Then you can add the image by choosing the paperclip in the editor here and upload the file
Old Mar 3, 2013, 09:29 PM   #77
tytbody
macrumors regular

tell me if this is here. this is what I get.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-03-03 at 9.26.35 PM.png
Views:	57
Size:	639.6 KB
ID:	400558  
tytbody is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2013, 09:32 PM   #78
Mr. McMac
macrumors 68020

Quote:
I see why you don't like it. That's Safari, right? Interesting
Old Mar 3, 2013, 09:37 PM   #79
tytbody
macrumors regular

yup. It sucks. I think I uninstalled it by deleting the extensions. I'm done with lastpass. I'll stick with learning 1password.

See, I said it was 4 toolbars.. lol. and I don't know why. Right now, I'm not interested in finding a fix.
thanks for showing me how your's looked so I know I was not seeing things. Mine just didn't work.
Old Mar 3, 2013, 09:46 PM   #80
Mr. McMac
macrumors 68020

Quote:
yup. It sucks. I think I uninstalled it by deleting the extensions. I'm done with lastpass. I'll stick with learning 1password.

See, I said it was 4 toolbars.. lol. and I don't know why. Right now, I'm not interested in finding a fix.
thanks for showing me how your's looked so I know I was not seeing things. Mine just didn't work.
Damn, I wish I could help you because Lastpass is the best password manager as far as I'm concerned. That said, I couldn't live with those toolbars. I'm sure there's someone who's a lot more knowledgeable than me that could help you. Just a note. I've never been a fan of Safari. Used Firefox for years before I switched over to Chrome a few years ago.. Good Luck my friend
Old Mar 3, 2013, 09:49 PM   #81
tytbody
macrumors regular

thank you Mr.Mac. I wanted to use it but it said, no for me. so you went premium I also take it?

I'm going to get used to my firefox again. I had it before and then started using the Safari because I thought it was safer. But with 1password I think that will help.
Old Mar 3, 2013, 09:51 PM   #82
cuestakid
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amenic View Post
I'm using 1Password on my imac, my mbpro, my iPad & iPhone.
Isn't cheap but it's a great application.

It's worth every penny!
Thank you for saying exactly what I was going to say.

1Password is probably the best Mac app I have ever used (if and when delicious library comes out with a new app and or mobile app, that might change).
Old Mar 3, 2013, 09:53 PM   #83
Mr. McMac
macrumors 68020

Quote:
thank you Mr.Mac. I wanted to use it but it said, no for me. so you went premium I also take it?

I'm going to get used to my firefox again. I had it before and then started using the Safari because I thought it was safer. But with 1password I think that will help.
Nope, I use the free version because I don't own a smart phone or a tablet so the paid version would be a waste for me even though it's only $12 a year.
I'm sure 1password will be fine. Hopefully it won't install another toolbar. That would suck!! lol!
Old Mar 3, 2013, 09:53 PM   #84
tytbody
macrumors regular

when I click on websites and I suppose to go to 1password first?
does it always open another window? How do I get it to open tabs instead?
Old Mar 3, 2013, 10:01 PM   #85
Mr. McMac
macrumors 68020

Quote:
when I click on websites and I suppose to go to 1password first?
does it always open another window? How do I get it to open tabs instead?
Go into Safari's preferences, click the tabs tab and use the setting as seen in the picture below. That should work
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	18
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	400561  
Old Mar 3, 2013, 10:24 PM   #86
tytbody
macrumors regular

did it. I didn't have that checked off lets see how this works. Made sure that was also checked in firefox.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 07:46 AM   #87
gc916
macrumors regular

Quote:
To hide the LastPass Toolbar:

In Safari's menu bar, click View>Hide LastPass Menu Bar.

In Firefox, it's Tools>Add-ons>Extensions>LastPass>Preferences>General>Appearance>check Use Compact Toolbar

I can't find a similar option in Chrome, but all I have is the LastPass icon to the right of the address bar, not a separate menu bar.

Hope this helps.
gc916 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2013, 08:24 AM   #88
Mr. McMac
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by gc916 View Post
To hide the LastPass Toolbar:

In Safari's menu bar, click View>Hide LastPass Menu Bar.

In Firefox, it's Tools>Add-ons>Extensions>LastPass>Preferences>General>Appearance>check Use Compact Toolbar

I can't find a similar option in Chrome, but all I have is the LastPass icon to the right of the address bar, not a separate menu bar.

Hope this helps.
In both Chrome and Firefox, I didn't have to do anything special to have the small lastpass icon to the right of the address bar on both my Macs and PC's. I never had a toolbar. I didn't even know there was an option to have one
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-03-04 at 8.26.31 AM.png
Views:	13
Size:	408.0 KB
ID:	400639  
Old Mar 4, 2013, 11:14 AM   #89
tytbody
macrumors regular

I'm going to get 1password up and running today. I like how it works, when it does work. It's just cleaner to me. thanks for the help. Since i had the problem with it, I don't want to go back. There's no one there to help you with you're issues. i.e. support.

at least with 1password the people have been emailing me trying to get it to work on all my devices.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 11:30 AM   #90
gc916
macrumors regular

Quote:
I'm going to get 1password up and running today. I like how it works, when it does work. It's just cleaner to me. thanks for the help. Since i had the problem with it, I don't want to go back. There's no one there to help you with you're issues. i.e. support.

at least with 1password the people have been emailing me trying to get it to work on all my devices.
I'm using 1Password, too. Very happy with it.
gc916 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2013, 01:02 PM   #91
FoxFifth
macrumors 6502

I was able to duplicate the extra toolbar in Firefox (on a pc) for LastPass. I was then able to remove that toolbar (and have LastPass be a single small icon on the main toolbar) by clicking on the Tools drop down menu on the LastPass toolbar, then Preferences and then on the General page of Preferences in the Appearance section place a check mark before "Use Compact Toolbar" and then click OK.

On edit: after I posted this I noticed that gc916 had already posted a similar response -- wishing I had noticed that sooner as it took a bit of time and hunting to find the "Use Compact Toolbar" setting!

Last edited by FoxFifth; Mar 4, 2013 at 01:08 PM.
FoxFifth is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2013, 11:04 AM   #92
Mr. McMac
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxFifth View Post
I was able to duplicate the extra toolbar in Firefox (on a pc) for LastPass. I was then able to remove that toolbar (and have LastPass be a single small icon on the main toolbar) by clicking on the Tools drop down menu on the LastPass toolbar, then Preferences and then on the General page of Preferences in the Appearance section place a check mark before "Use Compact Toolbar" and then click OK.

On edit: after I posted this I noticed that gc916 had already posted a similar response -- wishing I had noticed that sooner as it took a bit of time and hunting to find the "Use Compact Toolbar" setting!
I just installed Lastpass and Firefox on a spare PC I had lying around. The default setting is "Use Compact Toolbar" in preferences. I had to manually change it to get the full blown toolbar. I don't understand why some people automaically get the full toolbar when they install Lastpass
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	17
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	400833  
Old Mar 5, 2013, 04:01 PM   #93
tytbody
macrumors regular

Me either mr. McMac but it's a definite turnoff. Now i have to figure out why I'm getting some other booba on my computer when 1password is loaded or if it's a left over script from something else. I didn't have this mess before.
Old Mar 5, 2013, 05:23 PM   #94
Mr. McMac
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Me either mr. McMac but it's a definite turnoff. Now i have to figure out why I'm getting some other booba on my computer when 1password is loaded or if it's a left over script from something else. I didn't have this mess before.
Private message me and I'll give you my phone number. I'll try my best to help you out. How does that sound?
Old Mar 10, 2013, 07:37 PM   #95
Deandre
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuckSavage70 View Post
I currently use KeyPass on windows, but the mac port is well, kind of ugly. I'm not above spending a few bucks, though I think 1Pass is too pricey. Anybody have/use anything else?
I highly recommend SplashData's SplashID Safe - it's highly economical, as shown in comparison charts. Basic features and capability are just equal to pricy brands. It is the longest-running security developer around with very reliable support.
Deandre is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store