Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Nov 10, 2012, 03:30 AM   #1
neilc1970
macrumors newbie

Event Scheduling

Hi everyone, hope I have this question in the right place.
Basically I'm trying to create a running schedule file that I can import into Calendar with an adjustable start date. For example I usually run a spring and fall marathon. I'd like to be able to create one file that in Spring I can import, set the start date and all the right days are populated in Calendar. Then come Fall using the same running schedule file import it again set the right start date and again the right days would be populated.
Is this possible and if so how, any help appreciated!
neilc1970 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2012, 09:28 AM   #2
Weaselboy
macrumors G5

You could create a new calendar and set it up with your dates. Then when you are done for the season, export it from Calendar (File menu/export/export) then delete the calendar. When you are ready to use it again recreate the calendar then import the same file and tweak your dates.
Weaselboy is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2012, 08:03 AM   #3
neilc1970
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weaselboy View Post
You could create a new calendar and set it up with your dates. Then when you are done for the season, export it from Calendar (File menu/export/export) then delete the calendar. When you are ready to use it again recreate the calendar then import the same file and tweak your dates.
Thanks but not exactly what I'm looking for. During the import phase I'd like to be able to state the start or end date and the right days should be automatically populated. Surely there is some way to do this.

Last edited by neilc1970; Nov 11, 2012 at 08:28 AM.
neilc1970 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2012, 09:37 AM   #4
Weaselboy
macrumors G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilc1970 View Post
Thanks but not exactly what I'm looking for. During the import phase I'd like to be able to state the start or end date and the right days should be automatically populated. Surely there is some way to do this.
Hmm... I don't know of a way to alter the event(s) as they are imported. You might be able to manually edit the exported .ICS file somehow to accomplish what you want.
Weaselboy is online now   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help