Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Farabi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 16, 2013
Hey everyone. Let me tell you my problem since the begining: When i try installing Windows support with my bootcamp, i get the error which title is "Windows support software is not available".

Well then i gave up downloading Windows support. But when i tried partitioning my disk, i got the "The disk cannot be partitioned because some files cannot be moved" error.

I've had faith in searching guyz, don't worry :) I tried fixing my Mac's errors by typing "/sbin/fsck -fy" on that black screen. It said it solved my problems (had some problems on file hierarchy it said), yet, i still can't partition my disk and get the same error.

Thanks in advance.

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
[[ I've had faith in searching guyz, don't worry I tried fixing my Mac's errors by typing "/sbin/fsck -fy" on that black screen. It said it solved my problems (had some problems on file hierarchy it said), yet, i still can't partition my disk and get the same error. ]]

My suggestion:
1. Clone the contents of your internal drive to an external drive, using CarbonCopyCloner (free download and free usage for 30 days).
2. Boot from the cloned backup (reboot, hold down option key as soon as you hear the startup sound, and KEEP HOLDING IT DOWN - select external from startup manager screen)
3. RE-initialize the internal drive
4. Create TWO parititions. First will be Mac-formatted for your Mac OS. Second will be formatted for Windows (I don't do Windows so not sure exactly which partition scheme to use)
5. RE-CLONE the contents of your cloned backup BACK TO the first partition of the internal drive
6. Shut down, disconnect external drive, reboot. You should end up rebooted to the Mac partition
7. If reboot is good, and if everything looks ok, now it's time to install WIndows onto the Windows partition you created earlier.

Yes, this involves work, effort, and time. But it WILL get you to where you're trying to go.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.