Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

photographypro

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 7, 2010
American in Pisa (Italy)
Is anyone else having this problem, or am I the only one?

This started with iTunes 11, and continues with the current version of 11.01.
If I update an application on my iPhone 4S, and then connect it to my late 2011 MacBook Pro, the updated apps are not updated in iTunes. I changed no settings when I went from the old version of iTunes to iTunes 11. And when the new version of iTunes came out today, 11.01, I thought the problem would go away.

My wife and I have two iPhones and an iPod touch that all sync to the same account, and after downloading a large update, I would really not like to have to re-download apps a second time.

Anyone know the fix for this? :confused:

photographypro

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 7, 2010
American in Pisa (Italy)
No one has this problem?

I can't believe almost 900 people have read this thread, and not a single response! A simple reply with "I don't have this problem" would be wonderful.

Mackilroy

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2006
Have you gotten hold of Apple? iTunes transfers apps from my iPhone readily enough.

paulsalter

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2008
UK
Same problem since iTunes 11

I just right click on device and select transfer purchases
or
File -> Devices -> Transfer Purchases

Wish it was automatic like previously

izzle22

macrumors 65816
Jul 13, 2004
Kansas City, MO
No I do not have this problem. iPhone 5 and iPad Mini sync apps perfectly over wireless sync. Sometimes it takes a little while for one or both to show up in iTunes but they always sync properly.

nightlong

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2012
Australia
I find the whole situation with iTunes 11 and ipad4/iphone5 really unclear. Backing both up to MacBook Air, sometimes happens, sometimes doesn't, it's really a mess. I backup ipad2 to my iMac, still running snow leopard, it's automatic, you can see what is going on, and it always happens.

Ifti

macrumors 68040
Dec 14, 2010
UK
I don't have this issue.
Updated iTunes to the latest version today. I can wirelessly sync my iPhone and it updates the apps in iTunes.
Works fine for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.