Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Feb 3, 2013, 04:12 AM   #76
spooky23
macrumors member

Some of you need to wait for the iInvisible, doesn't weigh a thing and its features match your imagination.
spooky23 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2013, 04:35 AM   #77
JemTheWire
macrumors newbie

Really? You do surprise me....not.
Old Feb 3, 2013, 05:09 AM   #78
DesertEagle
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky23 View Post
Some of you need to wait for the iInvisible, doesn't weigh a thing and its features match your imagination.
I already have one, and I love it. Best of all is that it wasn't expensive either
DesertEagle is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2013, 06:14 AM   #79
flameproof
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by iThinkergoiMac View Post
First off, I'm not implying by any means that the iPad 3 (or 2 or 1) is worthless on terms of performance. But saying that the 4 is a carbon copy of the 3 is a gross understatement. The 4 has a significantly faster CPU, and the GPU is an even greater improvement. The front camera is HD as well. If those features don't do anything for you, that's fine, but it doesn't mean they aren't there.
Sure you are right in all points. Talking about the iPad 1 - I think it's OK, EXCEPT the 720width movie issue. Otherwise I would be happy with that.

Sure, the iPad 4 has more UNDER THE HOOD. But it's like driving a Porsche GTS3 during rush hour. Elsewhere there was lots of talk how silly it looks to take pix with an iPad. I don't care for that talk, but rather use the iPhone for pix or movies.

My point is, as an iPad 3 owner I don't see any must-have-killer-function-wow in the iPad 4.

To put it into perspective, I can see that an iPhone 3 owner wants an iPhone 4 (or later). But as an iPhone 4 owner the 4s or 5 again isn't a quantum jump.

Of course, if you must have it, go for it. But I can't see any logical reason from my point. But nothing is known about the iPad 5 - maybe it has what I want.....
flameproof is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2013, 07:41 AM   #80
Breitling65
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samtb View Post
Unlikely but how would you react?

If screen and resulution is same I wouldn't buy, otherwise ipad4 is perfect. What else they could improve? iOS7 should work fine on ipad4 and slow on older ipad's logicallly ...
Breitling65 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2013, 09:17 AM   #81
Buckeyestar
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitzuki View Post
I learned at kindergarten Santa wasn't real if you could imagine.
No wonder you don't mind crushing other people's souls with your truth and logic.
Buckeyestar is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2013, 10:21 PM   #82
smoking monkey
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameproof View Post
To put it into perspective, I can see that an iPhone 3 owner wants an iPhone 4 (or later). But as an iPhone 4 owner the 4s or 5 again isn't a quantum jump.

Of course, if you must have it, go for it. But I can't see any logical reason from my point. But nothing is known about the iPad 5 - maybe it has what I want.....
I disagree...

My wife got the IP5 and after comparing it to my 4S the 5 is so much faster. The speed different is quite a huge jump. And if you are coming from a 4 it is an even bigger jump when you add in the much better camera plus a bigger screen plus hotspot - it really was a substantial upgrade. If you got a 4 you really should have upgraded to the 5 I think.

As for the iPad 3 v 4. Again I compared them side by side (friends have both). It's not a small difference in speed. It's actually a big difference. BUT if you got a 3 it's worth waiting for the 5 IMO.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 12:39 AM   #83
BZIG
macrumors newbie

BZIG is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2013, 12:50 AM   #84
charlituna
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ5921 View Post
Don't have to worry since there won't be any new iPads until the fall. Case closed.
You don't know that. While I agree it is unlikely, my thoughts, and yours, are not yet fact.

Apple does what Apple wants.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by temna View Post
Keep saying things like that and you won't be flame proof. Apple has been very anti-stylus since the Newton.
Not really. They made it optional and they don't build them, but stylus support of some level has always been in the devices. Sure it's not the super pressure sensitive stuff that some folks want but those folks are a minority compared to the much larger group that is just fine with what support there is.
charlituna is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2013, 12:55 AM   #85
temna
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlituna View Post
Not really. They made it optional and they don't build them, but stylus support of some level has always been in the devices. Sure it's not the super pressure sensitive stuff that some folks want but those folks are a minority compared to the much larger group that is just fine with what support there is.
There is no stylus support. The fact that you can use a stylus is a happy accident due to the type of screen used. It was not in any way intentional by Apple.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 03:41 AM   #86
Stack Overflow
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samtb View Post
Unlikely but how would you react?
Well, I upgraded to an iPad 4 LTE on launch. And though I do like the old style, I'm pretty stoked for the iPad mini form factor to come to the full sized iPad. Thinner, lighter, sleeker... What's not to love?

But, like I said, I just spent near a grand on an iPad just a few months ago, and didn't really expect a new iPad until the fall, so if they came out with a new iPad, with all the mini styling, in March, less than 6 months after the release of the current iPad, I'd be all like...

"Cool, I'm glad to see they've updated things!"

Why, am I supposed to be mad or something?
Stack Overflow is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2013, 08:44 AM   #87
Hello...
macrumors 6502a

Yay!
Hello... is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2013, 08:59 AM   #88
GoCubsGo
macrumors Nehalem

Like this:
GoCubsGo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2013, 01:26 PM   #89
godzill
macrumors newbie

I would immediately poop on the floor
godzill is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2013, 02:15 PM   #90
Obese Lobsters
macrumors member

I would enjoy looking and playing with the new iPad at the apple store than promptly go back to using my iPad 3.
Obese Lobsters is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2013, 04:05 PM   #91
yokken
macrumors member

I would most likely preorder it and sell my iPad 4 64GB. I would love a black anodized iPad 5.
yokken is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad