Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dcorban

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2007
Can new users please share their installation experiences, any issues to do with libraries being damaged or messed with?

does iTunes 11 Move any folders or file locations, particularly under 'itunes automatic organization' setting on??
I haven't had any problems. I went through all the screens, checking out the new layout. I re-sync'd my iPhone. I manually selected "organize library" and no changes were made to the folders or files, so apparently no paths have been changed.

madrag

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2007
AppleCare Represenatives Receiving Prerelease Builds of iTunes 11 Ahead of Public Launch
what is "Represenatives"? :D

Will this iTunes allow folder creation and sort my music manually instead of by tag? I mean, I use iTunes for radio, because the automatic sorting of music files makes me mad, I have music files recorded by me that have no tags or albums, and it just throws it to the bunch, I can't manually sort them or keep them in their folders as I could with for instance SoundJam...

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
People sleeping in-house for a media client that isn't released? Or having A-class issues? Highly unlikely.

If any of Apple's projects has in-house living requirements, it would be Maps over iTunes. itunes does have the "announcement date" sword of Damocles having over its head, but it's not a critical application to publish. Everything available to the public right now is accessible through 10.7. Issuing another delay announcement isn't a nice thing to do, but their PR machine can handle it.

It's not worth grinding good people into the ground over something that isn't tarnishing the public image.

....People pull all nighters all the time at Apple, for things we don't even see most of the time.

It's part of the younger crowd's culture at apple, and has been documented for years.

iOrbit

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2012
I haven't had any problems. I went through all the screens, checking out the new layout. I re-sync'd my iPhone. I manually selected "organize library" and no changes were made to the folders or files, so apparently no paths have been changed.

thanks for sharing this, i intend to install it as soon as my video is done compressing.

iOrbit

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2012
havent used itunes 11 yet, but im using the remote app and i have to say, im very impressed that the folder- expansion feature, loaded the matching color of the album art straight away, i have a large library, i expected this to initially load my artwork at cripple-slow rates.

Marx55

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2005
Does it allow to resume playback a long list of songs on the Mac after iTunes is closed and open again, the Mac rebooted, etc? Such resume playback feature was available on SoundJam MP on 2001, from where iTunes was developed. It is amazing that such an essential and useful feature was not maintained in iTunes all these years.

Last edited:

kpress3

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2011
Even though you probably won't like it, most Windows-based software will load faster on Windows than OS X based software on OS X. Get over it, don't be so childish.

Even though you probably won't like it, everyone has their own opinion and that's mine about Windows and PC. From my experiences iTunes is better on the Mac.

RoelJuun

macrumors 6502
Aug 31, 2010
Netherlands
Even though you probably won't like it, everyone has their own opinion and that's mine about Windows and PC. From my experiences iTunes is better on the Mac.

Loading faster isn't about experiences, it's about facts…load times. And your last sentence doesn't make your point any stronger, of course it runs better on OS X.

kpress3

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2011
Loading faster isn't about experiences, it's about facts…load times. And your last sentence doesn't make your point any stronger, of course it runs better on OS X.

All I am saying is when I ran iTunes on my PC it did not run as well as OS X. That would be my EXPERIENCE with iTunes on both operating systems.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.