Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games

Old Jan 9, 2013, 08:24 PM   #1
adejesus
macrumors newbie

Keyboards

I am not a big gamer at all but I started WoW last Sunday (only a level 11 now that shows how much of a gamer I am not lol) but I want to get a secondary keyboard for my MBP just to save the wear and tear on my MBP when playing WoW. Im looking for something around $15-$25 that can provide adequate controls about the same I get from my current MBP keyboard. I see a lot of keyboards do not say they support Mac OS X why is this?

----------

Will the SteelSeries Limited Edition Keyset for the Shift Gaming Keyboard-World of Warcraft Cataclysm Edition work on the MBP?

http://www.amazon.com/SteelSeries-Li...aming+keyboard

----------

I was also looking at the Logitech Desktop MK120 Mouse and keyboard Combo

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Deskt...I1DIZKUDBHC5RY
Old Jan 9, 2013, 09:35 PM   #2
Birdmagnus
macrumors member

The Logitech combo doesn't work on a mac for sure and the Steelseries probably doesn't work either as it doesn't mention anything about being mac compatible.

I think the reason most keyboards aren't compatible with macs are because of the different key setups like the different uses of the Fs key on a mac, the command key and so on.
Birdmagnus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 08:35 AM   #3
TallManNY
macrumors 68000

When I played WoW I used a gaming keypad. I bet you can buy a used one of those in your price range. Just make sure it works for the OS you are running. And I think the experience is superior to using a keyboard since more buttons are in easy reach of your fingers. As you go up levels, you gain MANY more abilities. And you will want to touch type to them in the heat of combat.
TallManNY is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games