Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrmarts

macrumors 65816
Feb 6, 2009
Melbourne Australia
Reading this thread I am tempted of dropping my thoughts of buying full sized IPad 5 for an iPad Mini 2, based on the rumours that it is easier to carry and the fact that it will have a retina display and better processor. However do you think the next gen mini will come in 128gb like the current gen iPad?, and in terms of processor do you think will get a slightly older processor like the A6x found in the iPad 4 or is it possible that it will get the latest A7x like the next gen iPad.

Based on the above question I download a lot of apps and games but most of games are not heavy demanding recently i purchased fish out of water, fangz and Cut the rope time travel and like to play games like minigore 2 if that is demanding when the next Mini comes out, would it serve me well or would an Ipad 5 be a more secure investment.

FYI my hands are tiny and I did not like the weight or size of my previous iPad 3.

cord

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2011
Chicago
iPad4 and mini iPad.... I use the mini about 60% of the time and the iPad4 the remainder. I will upgrade the mini if the mini 2 has a faster chip and retina display.

Taek

macrumors newbie
Aug 30, 2010
For work reasons, I have all 4 ipads and the mini and for my work I use the mini and also take it home for personal use above the other devices.

Being able to hold the mini in one hand is just a huge advantage. I also find myself taking the mini to meetings or when I'm walking somewhere and it's on hand most of the time, very similar to a notebook (paper notebook).

mjpearce023

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2012
I had the iPad 3 and mini for a while but decided to return the mini. I actually preferred using the mini over the 3 but I just knew I would have to sell it for a loss when the iPad mini with retina came out and so I decided to keep the 3 until then. I used to have to have every update so I'm trying to do better and space out my upgrades by 2. I still upgrade every year for the iPhone but I'm waiting for the iPad 5 or mini 2 to upgrade. I was able to talk myself out of getting the mini the other day when I saw it for 309 for a refurbished 16gb LTE on AT&T’s website. You have to sign a 2 year contract but it’s still a pretty good deal if you are always going to keep a data plan on your iPad. If I didn’t have an iPad the mini would be an easy choice for me.

mpayne2k

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2010
I had a iPad 3, Nexus 7 and iPad Mini all at once. Decided to sell the iPad 3 as I preferred travelling with the Mini more.

The Nexus 7 is just a fun techy toy for me to introduce me to the ways of the Android OS.

Fully intend on keeping the Mini and getting an iPad 5 this fall!

LaurieAnn

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2011
iPad 2 and Mini here. I haven't used the iPad 2 since I got the mini a few months ago.

Bokes

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2008
We have both in our house.
The wife and I tend to pick up the retina.
The kid plays with the mini.

Medic311

macrumors 68000
Jul 30, 2011
if the associative property holds true...

if my girlfriend owns an iPad Mini but i own my girlfriend, do i then own the iPad Mini?

if yes - then i own both a full size iPad and iPad Mini

Tikatika

macrumors 6502a
Mar 12, 2012
Northern California
3 and a mini. Love them both! Mini goes everywhere with me and is also my bedtime reader. 3 is my everything else...am rarely on my laptop anymore.

I have no plans to upgrade either one this year.

TheEvox

macrumors newbie
Apr 19, 2013
Have a 4th gen and a mini.
Frankly i've started to hate the mini as it wouldn't last as the 4th gen on charge.
All apps the same on both device.When i use the 4th gen before,i can get at least around 13-15 hours use time on 90-100% of charge.Up to 20 if im not using the cellular,only office wifi.The mini only last 5-7 hours on the same routine. On LTE,only a bit over 5 hours and I need to plug it.I dont know why.

powerbook911

macrumors 68040
Mar 15, 2005
I have an iPad 3 only (well and an original iPad that I use as a clock).

I have yet to even hold a mini. I figure I would really like it, but I'd rather wait for the second generation or even third, since normally I get the first generation. I don't use the iPad 3 that much and you can say well it's heavy, but I'm on computer and iPhone most. The mini would just not get used much. I'll get one someday.

sbddude

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2010
Nor Cal, USA
Have a 4th gen and a mini.
Frankly i've started to hate the mini as it wouldn't last as the 4th gen on charge.
All apps the same on both device.When i use the 4th gen before,i can get at least around 13-15 hours use time on 90-100% of charge.Up to 20 if im not using the cellular,only office wifi.The mini only last 5-7 hours on the same routine. On LTE,only a bit over 5 hours and I need to plug it.I dont know why.

Sounds like something is wrong. I think you should take it to a genius, maybe you can get a replacement.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.