Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GSPice

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2008
Me as well, and all of my friends.
In fact, iMessage crashed my phone once so badly that I had to restore it as new.

lol nice

----------

It's bad for me, my family, and my friends. It used to be terrible, and it's gotten better, but it has to be nearly 100%. This thing is less reliable than AIM. I'm on AT&T but usually on wifi. Are you sure it's not just good for you?

Yup. There's a couple analyses that make it easy to look at the service status at the macro level. Not talking about Apple's green light service site, but there are some others. Source forge, etc.

Think about the last 10 years in technology. Do remember what truly failed services looks like. iMessage isn't one of them. :p

d3c1ph3r

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2013
Funny Stuff

Maybe I'm missing a feature here for iMessage, because I own a Nexus4 and BB. So are people saying its okay for iMessage to send by SMS if carrier network is not available. Its funny how Apple has conditioned y'all to accept this.

With my BBM, which I don't use anymore as my contacts have dwindled to nothing, the message gets through to BBM with either carrier network OR WiFi. The reason I find sending an SMS not acceptable is it's not secure, and you don't get a notification if the message was delivered and read!

iSayuSay

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2011
Who cares? SMS is just as good as iMessage. The receiver still gets the same text.

Yes! SMS is just as good. In fact, how about disable iMessage once and for all in your iPhone? Text is just as good, remember? ;)

To me, failures on getting text sent through iMessage shows how incompetent and unreliable this service is.
People survived for decades with only SMS. What's wrong with it except you can't send photos once in a while? Or maybe some snarky emoticons?

People seem to praise iPhone as revolution on smartphone industry, but forget their roots. If there was no BBM, there won't be iMessage. Simple as that!

Proof?
Apple didn't have the decency to put iChat in iPhone until it sees BBM's success. If anything, iMessage is too little too late.
Apparently iOS is a follower as well :p

To me, having BBM in my iPhone is just a great addition and improve versatility. And it's free too! I honestly don't know why people whine about it?

ALR26

macrumors newbie
Aug 31, 2011
This is BB trying to keep their customers happy because they have no one to text using BBM. I hear the argument time and again that BB is the "most common phone internationally", so what..most of people that have a BB here in the US have it for business and still have a separate cell phone for personal use. It's too little too late for BB to rejoin the smart phone market since they don't seem able to revolutionize any smart phone feature. Perhaps BBM is their only asset, it sure isn't the phone itself.

Switchback666

macrumors 68000
Nov 16, 2012
SXM
Im not a fan boy but lol imessage crashing your device to the point of a full restore is in order :rolleyes: get a grip and stop talking bs.

----------

This is BB trying to keep their customers happy because they have no one to text using BBM. I hear the argument time and again that BB is the "most common phone internationally", so what..most of people that have a BB here in the US have it for business and still have a separate cell phone for personal use. It's too little too late for BB to rejoin the smart phone market since they don't seem able to revolutionize any smart phone feature. Perhaps BBM is their only asset, it sure isn't the phone itself.

HA ! So because in the US "most" people use BB only for bussines it doesnt matter that it is "the most common phone internationally ? If BB dont sell a lot of phones in the states that means its doomed and will vanish....

Get a grip mate.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.