Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Badrottie

Suspended
May 8, 2011
Los Angeles
I have an iphone 4s, an ipad 2 and 15" MBP also I have a Windows 7 PC with 22 inches LCD monitor so I don't think I need a BIGGER iPad! :apple:

daywiz

macrumors regular
Nov 12, 2012
I think considering that the new iPad shell is alot smaller, there isn't any room for a bigger screen.

Although I do wish they would increase the 9.7" size to a 10" screen, retaining the same aspect ratio.

The end result would be increase of 6.1% larger area or roughly 3"(square) of screen space. It would also have perfect dimensions of 8" width and 6" height totally to a screen size 48"(square), instead of 7.76" width and 5.82" height, giving a total of 45"(square)

Looking from a manufacturing process, it could also mean easier work, and chances to have better precision and yield, since the sizes are perfect rounded numbers. The other advantage is Sharp's IGZO tech has been perfectly designed for the exact 10" tablet.

With a slightly new Mini-inspired design, they could easily add increase the size without making it too bulky, as the bezels have become thinner and the overall design is smaller. the only issue would be the weight from the increased use of more glass.

So what do you think? Will it be worth it? Chances of it coming?

brand

macrumors 601
Oct 3, 2006
Looking from a manufacturing process, it could also mean easier work, and chances to have better precision and yield, since the sizes are perfect rounded numbers.

Whole numbers have nothing to do with precision, yield, or ease of work. A 9.7" screen is no different than a 10" screen.

organerito

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2008
For me, the bezel is barely wide enough - I often find myself accidentally clicking the side of the screen when I'm trying to hold the bezel.

I wouldn't mid an iPad with a full 8.5x11 screen for reading, docs, etc - but I think it'd have to be a bit thinner and the same weight as now (or less) so I'm guessing that's a couple years out.

I would love to have a full 8.5x11 screen too.
The iPad is almost too small for what i need it.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA

Forgot, I want Apple to make a PixelSense table killer. Have it in table and 'disolay' versions so I can swipe stuff from one to the other like the dude in the pilot of Continuum, or 'scan' stuff like in Quantum of Solace.

Those cheesy AppMates companies could do their game pieces and you could play checkers and stuff on it. All kinds of fun.

I'd build a new house just to be able to build a room with a display in every wall.

Fayeapple

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2013
I use ipad, iphone, and imac.
I like the Idea of apple TV but second thought
I really would love for apple to make a bigger ipad, i wanna use it as my cordless TV, and of course it has to come with a remote.

Pls pls pls or itune can pls at lease release app for iPhone to remote ipad.(ps. I don't like to jail break things)

A Loyal customer.

gr8tfly

macrumors 603
Oct 29, 2006
~119W 34N
Perfectly fine as is (iPad 3).

Same goes for the border around the display. The amount if space is fine, for me at least.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.