Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking

Old Sep 21, 2013, 08:44 AM   #1
Jaggions
macrumors member

Send a message via Skype™ to Jaggions
How to setup a proxy

Hi. I'd like to setup a proxy server on an OS X Server 10.8 Mac, so that I can monitorate any incoming and outgoing connection. I don't actually know much about proxies and stuff like that, so I don't know where to begin.
Can you help me please? Thank you
Jaggions is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2013, 03:56 PM   #2
blaster_boy
macrumors regular

If you really need a proxy server, you could use the mac version of SQUID : http://squidman.net/squidman/

It'll have a logging facility that you can configure - my experience is from unix, so YMMV.

However, if what you actually want to do is only to monitor what is going in and out of your computer, you might buy Little Snitch : it allows you to set which program is allowed to connect to what server on the internet, even what port and if it allows incoming connections or not. In-depth network monitoring included !

http://www.obdev.at/products/littlesnitch/index.html

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking