Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nfl46

macrumors G3
Original poster
Oct 5, 2008
But hasn't AllThingsD always been correct? Well at least 95% of the time.

nfl46

macrumors G3
Original poster
Oct 5, 2008
Is it been released tonight or is it been submitted tonight?

"Google plans to release its much-awaited iOS Maps app tonight, according to sources familiar with the matter."

D1G1T4L

macrumors 68000
Jun 26, 2007
Raleigh, NC
"Google plans to release its much-awaited iOS Maps app tonight, according to sources familiar with the matter."

But the problem is that Google doesn't release apps. They submit an app and Apple releases.

I hope it is just worded badly and we see it tonight.

Frankied22

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2010
I just saw this a minute ago. If true, this will be awesome. But I'm not sure how AllThingsD is privy to when precisely an app will be released. Isn't that completely up to Apple? I mean, developers don't even know when their apps will be released until it happens.

TuffLuffJimmy

macrumors G3
Apr 6, 2007
Portland, OR
For big apps like this there is usually a more coordinated release compared to some App Store vetter pressing the okay button. That's how they can plan and execute a release tonight rather than sometime in the next week or so.

D1G1T4L

macrumors 68000
Jun 26, 2007
Raleigh, NC
For big apps like this there is usually a more coordinated release compared to some App Store vetter pressing the okay button. That's how they can plan and execute a release tonight rather than sometime in the next week or so.

Any experience with this? Did you have a say when your app was released or just worked to get it approved to be released?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.