Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lucky736

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 18, 2004
US
So I use AIM, Yahoo, MSN, and Facebook.

Trillian is inconsistent at best, and they seem to be lagging way behind on the Mac version again. Sometimes they seem to get their act together and other times it's mos. Just not what was promised.

Adium I used from day one until about a year ago when I had a major hiccup. Without going into details it wasn't good and many of my contacts were deleted server side.

iChat I am on 10.6.8 so no Yahoo support and the Hybrid Yahoo/MSN support in later versions is going to be gone once MS shuts down Live Messenger. I know of the Jabber workaround for iChat however this will not allow file transfer.

I also remember using Proteus years ago, and recall it being pretty good. I have been hearing of Proteus 5 however you have to have a username and sign in to get any info. Anyone know anything about this, or any upcoming or current clients that fit the bill for them?

I know there are many smaller clients available, and was looking for feedback from members.

Lucky736

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 18, 2004
US

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-12-29 at 1.37.59 PM.png
    Screen shot 2012-12-29 at 1.37.59 PM.png
    215.1 KB · Views: 113
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.