Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
They cannot possibly make a phone that is smaller than 4" and it be usable with this new update. It is very hard to use on my 4.3" screen even.

- The Quick Settings option is annoying. You activate it with the left or right edge of the status bar. Why couldn't they merge it with the notification drawer instead? When I want to look at my notifications, I end up pulling the other menu now.

- I can't use my lock shortcuts with the cLock widget. I either only have the unlock option when the widget is maximized, and I have to do an additional tap to make it smaller. Not liking the swipe to camera either.

- It's too buttery. Compared to the 4.1 update anyway. I'm actually considering setting my CPU governor different to slow it down.

They fixed the problem with the multiple events not showing up though, so pretty pleased with that. Not very impressed with the rest of 4.2 though.

blackhand1001

macrumors 68030
Jan 6, 2009
They cannot possibly make a phone that is smaller than 4" and it be usable with this new update. It is very hard to use on my 4.3" screen even.

- The Quick Settings option is annoying. You activate it with the left or right edge of the status bar. Why couldn't they merge it with the notification drawer instead? When I want to look at my notifications, I end up pulling the other menu now.

- I can't use my lock shortcuts with the cLock widget. I either only have the unlock option when the widget is maximized, and I have to do an additional tap to make it smaller. Not liking the swipe to camera either.

- It's too buttery. Compared to the 4.1 update anyway. I'm actually considering setting my CPU governor different to slow it down.

They fixed the problem with the multiple events not showing up though, so pretty pleased with that. Not very impressed with the rest of 4.2 though.

Turn off quick swipe in the options to have the whole status bar be the notification drawer. I do prefer 4.1.2 over 4.2 at the moment as well. Hopefully they fix it and improve lockscreen widgets.

TacticalDesire

macrumors 68020
Mar 19, 2012
Michigan
Go to developer mode and slow down the transitions. And the quick settings thing is an issue with cm10.1 isn't it? If you don't like it can't you change it?

viskon

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2012
Speaking for myself, I like the Quick Settings the way it is . You can always disable the quick Settings pull down if you don't like it.

Last edited:

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Speaking for myself, I like the Quick Settings the way it is . You can always disable the quick Settings pull down if you don't like it.

I did, but then it still activates when I try closing the notification menu. :eek: Who the heck programs a display to have swipes left to right or up and down on a PHONE?!

Can't wait for the update. :rolleyes: Did I mention that my camera has a dent in it so I have to get the replacement part? Not only that, but my charger broke today too. :mad:

blackhand1001

macrumors 68030
Jan 6, 2009
4.2 has so many issues on the AOSP end, I think we are looking at the summertime before we get into stable builds.
The majority of the issues have been fixed in 4.2.2. I was one of the biggest complainers about 4.2.1 and am still running 4.1.2 but I played with 4.2.2 on my friends nexus 7 and just about all the bugs are fixed and the performance is hugely improved.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.