Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

06Honda

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 25, 2011
I use a Macbook pro and am looking for an app that allows me to capture a full web page regardless if the full web page is not visible on the screen. So far I have only able to do partial pages and if I use a selection theres no way to over the page up or down to grab the full page. If the built in Grab app can do it, how do you scroll when using selection to get the complete page. I tried this on the side bar but no joy. Thanks for any help.

Last edited:

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I believe both Snagit and little snapper (which appears be getting upgraded soon) can do what you're asking, a scrolling screen capture.

I like LittleSnapper on my Mac but I use Snagit on my PC at work. I'm waiting to see how Ember (little snapper's upgrade) will be before deciding to switch over to Snagit.

If you're looking for screen scraping (taking the web pages instead of screen printing them) then google screen scrape. I have no experience with those types of apps

jamesdmc

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2007
Cittagazze
Another vote for Little Snapper. I've been using it a long time and I purchased it for the same reason: full scrolling web page snapshots.

Victor Star

macrumors member
Dec 3, 2008
I capture some different forum pages that I want to save by printing to a PDF and using a custom page size. The custom page size keeps it all as one document instead of several pages. I've setup a few different page sizes to start with like 8 ½" x 20" and then adjust from there so I don't have a lot of white space at the end of the document.

Michaelgtrusa

macrumors 604
Oct 13, 2008
I use a Macbook pro and am looking for an app that allows me to capture a full web page regardless if the full web page is not visible on the screen. So far I have only able to do partial pages and if I use a selection theres no way to over the page up or down to grab the full page. If the built in Grab app can do it, how do you scroll when using selection to get the complete page. I tried this on the side bar but no joy. Thanks for any help.

Sparkbox is good.

flynz4

macrumors 68040
Aug 9, 2009
Portland, OR

I use DevonThink Pro Office (DTPO) as the heart of my paperless life. It includes a "clip to DevonThink" icon in the browser toolbar that creates a web archive... puts it into DevonThink, and creates a full index of keywords... and then lets you search your database using artificial intelligence providing visual relevance bars to your search criteria.

No doubt... DTPO is overkill for what you want... but if you ever decide to go to a full paperless environment, the application is probably second to none.

/Jim

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.