Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spoonie1972

macrumors 6502a
Aug 17, 2012
U-He Zebra 2 as a flexible, main go to synth, hands down imo.

I have big issues with NI's practices, complexity, bugs stability, and for all the time ive lost over my career working through issues in their software and installation.

That said, you get alot of bang for your buck with Komplete.

That Zebra is something else!

Luap

macrumors 65816
Jul 5, 2004
Is Propellerheads' Reason still NOT a DAW?

It nigh on is one now. Or at least it is much closer to being a DAW, compared with 2 years ago when this post was originally made.
Reason 6.5 is a huge upgrade over Reason 5 alone.

Now it can record/import audio. And supports 3rd party plugins (albeit in its own "RE" format. But its a very good format).
On the other hand, it still doesn't support Midi out. Although the usual work arounds using Rewire still work fine.

Tucom

Cancelled
Jul 29, 2006
Are all these Synths compatible with Logic Studio in the Mac App Store?

Tucom

Cancelled
Jul 29, 2006
If they say they're compatible with Logic Audio, that includes the one from the App store.

I figured that, but are all these Synths compatible with Logic Pro? Or I guess I'll just look into it myself if and when I get Logic Pro.

spoonie1972

macrumors 6502a
Aug 17, 2012
I figured that, but are all these Synths compatible with Logic Pro? Or I guess I'll just look into it myself if and when I get Logic Pro.

Each synth will state what it works with (hosts) - but pretty much anything that accepts .au will work.

Best luck either way :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.