Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jchen2508

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2013
I downloaded the game, and from a few plays it is more or less the same as PVZ1. I haven't gone to the time travelling features yet but one neat (free) addition is the ability to temporarily supercharge your plants using seeds. The graphics are simpler but that's because each animated character now has more animation. Each character seems to have more 'bounce' and movement and fluid animation does make the game play better.

Unfortunately it looks like EA has really restricted the use of our favourite plants from PVZ1 to purchase-only upgrades. Favourites now cost $1.99 each (edit: $2.99? seriously! I bet this will drop to $1.99)

I think this is only going to make PVZ1 more popular.

Screenshots of Plants VS Zombies being EA'd
http://www.flickr.com/photos/83548270@N00/sets/72157634573159324/

And the screenshot that will make PVZ fans cry:

That sure makes me cry, i loved all those plants (besides snow pea which is just f***in' stupid.:mad:

jchen2508

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2013
you know what, i was looking forward to pvz 2 because i thought that pvz 2 was just pvz 1 with more plants and more zombies (like in the first trailers)

but they changed the settings (as in where it takes place), graphics, a load of other crap and even made it so that thebest plants ever costed money

EA, I AM SO GOING TO F***IN' KILL YOU AND YOUR EMPLOYEES FOR RUINING PVZ 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.