Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jan 6, 2014, 11:12 AM   #1351
mac.jedi
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: The O.C.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypersapien View Post
Hello! I used to use this process of ripping and encoding several years ago, successfully and happily. In the time since, I've been buying my movies digitally and didn't have to worry about ripping content anymore. However, I now have a need to do some ripping again, and am having some problems updating all the various components in the pipeline.

I have skimmed through the updated initial posts, as well as the last couple pages- but I hope you will forgive me for not reading the entire 50+ pages of this thread.

The process seems to be breaking down for me because of Fairmount. I have googled and read about how necessary library files are no longer included, and have tried suggested steps of downloading those library files separately, or downloading an older version of VLC and moving its library files around. No matter what I try I either get the error message stating Fairmount can't load the library files, or it outright crashes.

So did I miss something? Is Fairmount still a necessary piece of this operation, or did it get replaced with something else? If someone could point me in the right direction I can probably google myself to the answer.
You need to download and install libdvdcss2. A link is provided in the app menu and in the first post of this thread. The Fairmount app is now included in the app bundle. VLC is not required. Once libdvdcss2 is installed from running its installer, the bundled version of Fairmount should see it. As well as any copies of Handbrake you have installed.

That's the basic setup, but it's hard to tell what's going on without an error log.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonl View Post
Hi, I might have missed this earlier...but I'm either blind or it hasn't been asked yet :P

Using the MakeMKV option in the Batch Encode workflow, I'm looking to point it at a directory of BD rips and have it output MKVs of them. Currently, it is putting the finalized MKVs in the source folder that it is encoding them from. How/Can I tell it to put them all in a folder (say, named MKV) when done? Using the handbrake encoding method puts the finalized files in my Encoded folder...looking to do the same with the MakeMKV profile.

Thanks!
You'll have to add some code to batch encode to move the file as it doesn't currently exist. Let me know if you wanna do it and I'll give you the code.
mac.jedi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2014, 12:19 PM   #1352
mac.jedi
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: The O.C.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon95030 View Post
Hi Mac.Jedi,

Thanks for updating BatchRipActions.

I'm a little confused with using custom presets and the new \$audiosearch.

I used to do "-a \${audioTrack},\${audioTrack}" along with "-E ca_aac,copy:ac3 -B 160,160 -6 dpl2,auto -R Auto,Auto -D 0.0,0.0" in my custom preset. This would select the default "eng" audio track, and if it was DTS the final m4v file would have AAC(converted from DTS) and AC3(converted from DTS) tracks. If the default "eng" audio track was AC3 the final m4v file would have AAC(converted from AC3) and AC3(pass-thru of the AC3).

Now when I use the new \$audioSearch flag in my custom preset, I only get one AAC audio track in the final m4v file, I want AAC and AC3 for my AppleTV 3. I think it has something to do with the ac3passTest check in batchEncode.sh, it doesn't work with custom presets, it only works with the Handbrake builtin presets??

How do I replicate my previous behavior with "custom preset" and the latest BatchRipActions?
if source default track is DTS -> final m4v has AAC and AC3
if source default track is AC3 -> final m4v has AAC and AC3

Thanks.
Thanks for letting me know. I'll look into it and issue a fix. In the meantime, you can use the audio args from one of the ATV presets in your custom preset. The basic preset will output AAC and AC3 (if the track is multichannel) from the first audio track.
mac.jedi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2014, 09:22 PM   #1353
hypersapien
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac.jedi View Post
You need to download and install libdvdcss2. A link is provided in the app menu and in the first post of this thread. The Fairmount app is now included in the app bundle. VLC is not required. Once libdvdcss2 is installed from running its installer, the bundled version of Fairmount should see it. As well as any copies of Handbrake you have installed.

That's the basic setup, but it's hard to tell what's going on without an error log.
Thanks for the quick response! Sorry I didn't specify earlier, but I had installed the libdvdcss2 (I Made sure to re-read the initial few posts of this thread to download any updated programs or components). To the best of my knowledge, the programs I have are up to date with what is described in the initial post.

When I begin to the ripping process, here is what happens:
  1. I choose the Batch Rip option from my finder> services menu
  2. I am prompted to select Ignore / TV Show / Movie
  3. Prompted to name the TV show I am ripping
  4. Series name correctly identified, I select it.
  5. I name the disc "S4D1" for season 4, disc 1.
  6. A terminal window pops open* and a Fairmount error message appears

The error for Fairmount simply reads "Fairmount Quit Unexpectedly". In the report details here is a portion of what it reads:
Quote:
Crashed Thread: Unknown

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x00007fff5fc01028
(There is a lot more, I'm just not sure if there is any personal-identifying information I should censor(?))






The Terminal window reports the following:
Quote:
TaylorsMac:~ taylor$ /Users/taylor/Library/Application\ Support/Batch\ Rip/batchRipTmp.sh ; exit;
2014-01-06 19:12:52.178 osascript[3276:707] Error loading /Library/ScriptingAdditions/Adobe Unit Types.osax/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Unit Types: dlopen(/Library/ScriptingAdditions/Adobe Unit Types.osax/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Unit Types, 262): no suitable image found. Did find:
/Library/ScriptingAdditions/Adobe Unit Types.osax/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Unit Types: no matching architecture in universal wrapper
osascript: OpenScripting.framework - scripting addition "/Library/ScriptingAdditions/Adobe Unit Types.osax" declares no loadable handlers.
2014-01-06 19:12:52.263 osascript[3277:707] Error loading /Library/ScriptingAdditions/Adobe Unit Types.osax/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Unit Types: dlopen(/Library/ScriptingAdditions/Adobe Unit Types.osax/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Unit Types, 262): no suitable image found. Did find:
/Library/ScriptingAdditions/Adobe Unit Types.osax/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Unit Types: no matching architecture in universal wrapper
osascript: OpenScripting.framework - scripting addition "/Library/ScriptingAdditions/Adobe Unit Types.osax" declares no loadable handlers.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
batchRip.sh v1.1.1 (281)

Start: Mon Jan 6 19:12:52 PST 2014
TV Show Output directory: /Users/taylor/Movies/Batch Rip TV
Movie Output directory: /Users/taylor/Movies/Batch Rip Movies
Use only MakeMKV: No
Encode HD Sources: Yes
Full BD Backup: No
Growl me when complete: No
Eject discs when complete: No
Skip disc if not decrypted in: 120 seconds
Copy TV Shows between: 20-120 mins (for MakeMKV)
Copy Movies between: 80-180 mins (for MakeMKV)

WILL COPY THE FOLLOWING DISCS:
72579 (DVD-ROM : TV Show)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

*Processing DVD-ROM: 72579
Copying /Volumes/72579
ditto: /Volumes/72579/./VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_1.VOB: Permission denied
ditto: /Volumes/72579/./VIDEO_TS/VTS_02_1.VOB: Permission denied
ditto: /Volumes/72579/./VIDEO_TS/VTS_02_2.VOB: Permission denied
ditto: /Volumes/72579/./VIDEO_TS/VTS_02_3.VOB: Permission denied
ditto: /Volumes/72579/./VIDEO_TS/VTS_02_4.VOB: Permission denied
ditto: /Volumes/72579/./VIDEO_TS/VTS_02_5.VOB: Permission denied
ditto: /Volumes/72579/./VIDEO_TS/VTS_02_6.VOB: Permission denied
ditto: /Volumes/72579/./VIDEO_TS/VTS_02_7.VOB: Permission denied
ditto: /Volumes/72579/./VIDEO_TS/VTS_02_8.VOB: Permission denied
ERROR: 72579 failed during copying
2014-01-06 19:15:02.722 osascript[4026:707] Error loading /Library/ScriptingAdditions/Adobe Unit Types.osax/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Unit Types: dlopen(/Library/ScriptingAdditions/Adobe Unit Types.osax/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Unit Types, 262): no suitable image found. Did find:
/Library/ScriptingAdditions/Adobe Unit Types.osax/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Unit Types: no matching architecture in universal wrapper
osascript: OpenScripting.framework - scripting addition "/Library/ScriptingAdditions/Adobe Unit Types.osax" declares no loadable handlers.


PROCESSING COMPLETE
2014-01-06 19:15:03.305 osascript[4033:707] Error loading /Library/ScriptingAdditions/Adobe Unit Types.osax/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Unit Types: dlopen(/Library/ScriptingAdditions/Adobe Unit Types.osax/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Unit Types, 262): no suitable image found. Did find:
/Library/ScriptingAdditions/Adobe Unit Types.osax/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Unit Types: no matching architecture in universal wrapper
osascript: OpenScripting.framework - scripting addition "/Library/ScriptingAdditions/Adobe Unit Types.osax" declares no loadable handlers.
24:36: syntax error: Expected end of line but found identifier. (-2741)
End: Mon Jan 6 19:15:06 PST 2014
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

2014-01-06 19:15:06.390 osascript[4042:707] Error loading /Library/ScriptingAdditions/Adobe Unit Types.osax/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Unit Types: dlopen(/Library/ScriptingAdditions/Adobe Unit Types.osax/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Unit Types, 262): no suitable image found. Did find:
/Library/ScriptingAdditions/Adobe Unit Types.osax/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Unit Types: no matching architecture in universal wrapper
osascript: OpenScripting.framework - scripting addition "/Library/ScriptingAdditions/Adobe Unit Types.osax" declares no loadable handlers.
logout

[Process completed]
Hopefully that helps...
hypersapien is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2014, 02:30 PM   #1354
ffichman
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Problems

Last login: Wed Jan 8 17:45:01 on ttys000
Mac-mini-de-Zagallo:~ zagallo$ /Users/zagallo/Library/Application\ Support/Batch\ Rip/batchRipTmp.sh ; exit;

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
batchRip.sh v1.1.1 (281)

Start: Qua 8 Jan 2014 18:29:03 BRST
TV Show Output directory: /Volumes/Macintosh HD2/Batch Rip TV
Movie Output directory: /Volumes/Macintosh HD2/Batch Rip Movies
Use only MakeMKV: Yes
Encode HD Sources: Yes
Full BD Backup: Yes
Growl me when complete: No
Eject discs when complete: Yes
Skip disc if not decrypted in: 120 seconds
Copy TV Shows between: 20-380 mins (for MakeMKV)
Copy Movies between: 80-380 mins (for MakeMKV)

WILL COPY THE FOLLOWING DISCS:
SOUND OF HIGH DEFINITION II (BD-ROM : Movie)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
SOUND OF HIGH DEFINITION II Skipped because it already exists
Note: Rename existing file if this is a new disc with the same name

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


PROCESSING COMPLETE
24:36: syntax error: Expected end of line but found identifier. (-2741)
End: Qua 8 Jan 2014 18:29:10 BRST
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

logout

[Processo concluído]
ffichman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2014, 02:05 PM   #1355
aphorist
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Fairmount crashing

Thanks for updating this useful tool! When I updated to the new version, I found that Fairmount crashed immediately after launch. ("Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)", Mac OS 10.7.5.) I was able to fix the problem by viewing package contents and replacing Fairmount 1.1.3 with the older 1.1 version I already had. Maybe my experience will help someone else...
aphorist is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2014, 07:40 PM   #1356
peterwc87
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Custom encoding presets

Thank you for all the work you have done putting this together it is just what I was looking for and has worked flawlessly for me so far. I did want to ask about how to format the custom presets in the Batch encoding workflow. I am looking to tinker with the settings used for the HandBreak encoding and I am not getting something right. The standard preset for lets say AppleTV 2 is :

./HandBrakeCLI -i DVD -o ~/Movies/movie.mp4 -e x264 -q 20.0 -r 30 --pfr -a 1,1 -E faac,copy:ac3 -B 160,160 -6 dpl2,none -R Auto,Auto -D 0.0,0.0 --audio-copy-mask aac,ac3,dtshd,dts,mp3 --audio-fallback ffac3 -f mp4 -4 -X 1280 -Y 720 --loose-anamorphic --modulus 2 -m --x264-preset medium --h264-profile high --h264-level 3.1

I like most of this and in the terminal log it shows the preset as:

Using AppleTV 2 Preset: -e x264 -q 20.0 -r 30 --pfr -a 1,1 -E ca_aac,copy:ac3 -B 160,160 -6 dpl2,auto -R auto,auto -D 0.0,0.0 --audio-copy-mask aac,ac3,dtshd,dts,mp3 --audio-fallback ffac3 -f mp4 -4 -X 1280 -Y 720 --loose-anamorphic --modulus 2 -m --subtitle scan --subtitle-burned 1 --subtitle-forced 1 --native-language eng --x264-preset medium --h264-profile high --h264-level 3.1

My problem comes in when I try to make a change to one of the settings inside that code. It does not want to work right and I get no encoding actions. I am fairly new to this process so I may be copying and pasting something that is pulling items from the wrong place.

Any help would be awesome and save me a lot of time in my trial and error phase
Thanks
peterwc87 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2014, 10:11 AM   #1357
mac.jedi
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: The O.C.
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterwc87 View Post
Thank you for all the work you have done putting this together it is just what I was looking for and has worked flawlessly for me so far. I did want to ask about how to format the custom presets in the Batch encoding workflow. I am looking to tinker with the settings used for the HandBreak encoding and I am not getting something right. The standard preset for lets say AppleTV 2 is :

./HandBrakeCLI -i DVD -o ~/Movies/movie.mp4 -e x264 -q 20.0 -r 30 --pfr -a 1,1 -E faac,copy:ac3 -B 160,160 -6 dpl2,none -R Auto,Auto -D 0.0,0.0 --audio-copy-mask aac,ac3,dtshd,dts,mp3 --audio-fallback ffac3 -f mp4 -4 -X 1280 -Y 720 --loose-anamorphic --modulus 2 -m --x264-preset medium --h264-profile high --h264-level 3.1

I like most of this and in the terminal log it shows the preset as:

Using AppleTV 2 Preset: -e x264 -q 20.0 -r 30 --pfr -a 1,1 -E ca_aac,copy:ac3 -B 160,160 -6 dpl2,auto -R auto,auto -D 0.0,0.0 --audio-copy-mask aac,ac3,dtshd,dts,mp3 --audio-fallback ffac3 -f mp4 -4 -X 1280 -Y 720 --loose-anamorphic --modulus 2 -m --subtitle scan --subtitle-burned 1 --subtitle-forced 1 --native-language eng --x264-preset medium --h264-profile high --h264-level 3.1

My problem comes in when I try to make a change to one of the settings inside that code. It does not want to work right and I get no encoding actions. I am fairly new to this process so I may be copying and pasting something that is pulling items from the wrong place.

Any help would be awesome and save me a lot of time in my trial and error phase
Thanks
Hi peterwc87,

Post the args you're trying to use and I'll see if I can debug them for you.

Thanks!

Mac.jedi
mac.jedi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2014, 05:20 PM   #1358
peterwc87
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac.jedi View Post
Hi peterwc87,

Post the args you're trying to use and I'll see if I can debug them for you.

Thanks!

Mac.jedi


Ok so this is what I got as my terminal read out with my latest try for a custom handbrake setting:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
batchEncode.sh v1.1.1 (280)

Start: Tue Jan 14 18:10:16 EST 2014
Input directory 1: /Users/pcamarata/Movies/Batch Rip Movies
Input directory 2: /Users/pcamarata/Movies/Batch Rip TV
Output directory: /Users/pcamarata/Movies/Batch Encode
Use optical Drive: No
Use MakeMKV: No
Auto-add movie tags: Yes
Retire Existing File: No
Growl me when complete: No
Encode TV Shows between: 20-120 mins
Encode Movies between: 80-180 mins
Native Language: eng
Alternate Language: none
Use Disc's Default Audio Language: Yes
Add Additional Audio Tracks: No
Mixdown Additional Audio Tracks to 2CH: Yes
Burn-in Subtitle Track: Yes (Auto Detect)
Pass-thru Subtitle Tracks: No
Will Encode: Encode 1/Custom 1

WILL PROCESS THE FOLLOWING VIDEOS:
The Princess Bride (1987) : (Movie)
Wanted (2008) : (Movie)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

PROCESSING: The Princess Bride (1987)

*Scanning File: 'The Princess Bride (1987)'
Will encode the following tracks: 1

*Creating The Princess Bride (1987).m4v
Video Track: 1, Duration: 01:38:21, Size: 1920x1080
Audio Tracks:
• 1, English (DTS) (5.1 ch) (iso639-2: eng) ** Default **
- 2, Francais (AC3) (Dolby Surround) (iso639-2: fra), 48000Hz, 224000bps
- 3, Espanol (AC3) (2.0 ch) (iso639-2: spa), 48000Hz, 224000bps
Subtitle Tracks:
• Foreign Audio Search ** Burned-in **
- 1, English (iso639-2: eng) (Bitmap)(PGS)
- 2, Spanish (iso639-2: spa) (Bitmap)(PGS)

Using Custom 1 Preset: ./HandBrakeCLI -i ~/Movies/Batch Rip Movies -o ~/Movies/Batch Encode/movie.mp4 -e x264 -q 22.0 -r 30 --pfr -a 1,1 -E ca_aac,copy:ac3 -B 160,160 -6 dpl2,auto -R auto,auto -D 0.0,0.0 --audio-copy-mask aac,ac3,dtshd,dts,mp3 --audio-fallback ffac3 -f mp4 -4 -X 1280 -Y 720 --loose-anamorphic --modulus 2 -m --subtitle scan --subtitle-burned 1 --subtitle-forced 1 --native-language eng --x264-preset medium --h264-profile high --h264-level 3.1



AtomicParsley error: can't open /Users/pcamarata/Movies/Batch Encode/The Princess Bride (1987).m4v for reading: No such file or directory
/Applications/Batch Rip Actions for Automator.app/Contents/MacOS/mp4info: can't open /Users/pcamarata/Movies/Batch Encode/The Princess Bride (1987).m4v
*Adding Meta Tags to The Princess Bride (1987).m4v
Open: open(/Users/pcamarata/Movies/Batch Encode/The Princess Bride (1987).m4v) failed (../src/mp4file.cpp,398)
Could not open '/Users/pcamarata/Movies/Batch Encode/The Princess Bride (1987).m4v'... aborting
Searching TMDb for The+Princess+Bride... Title found
Searching TagChimp for chapter names... ERROR: unable to open for read: /Users/pcamarata/Movies/Batch Encode/The Princess Bride (1987).m4v

*Writing tags with SublerCLI... Done

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
PROCESSING COMPLETE: The Princess Bride (1987)

I am pretty sure that I am missing the part that automatically pulls the files in the designated parent folders.

Thanks for the help and again other than my nit-picking this has made my life so much easier
peterwc87 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2014, 06:37 PM   #1359
mac.jedi
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: The O.C.
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterwc87 View Post
Ok so this is what I got as my terminal read out with my latest try for a custom handbrake setting:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
batchEncode.sh v1.1.1 (280)

Start: Tue Jan 14 18:10:16 EST 2014
Input directory 1: /Users/pcamarata/Movies/Batch Rip Movies
Input directory 2: /Users/pcamarata/Movies/Batch Rip TV
Output directory: /Users/pcamarata/Movies/Batch Encode
Use optical Drive: No
Use MakeMKV: No
Auto-add movie tags: Yes
Retire Existing File: No
Growl me when complete: No
Encode TV Shows between: 20-120 mins
Encode Movies between: 80-180 mins
Native Language: eng
Alternate Language: none
Use Disc's Default Audio Language: Yes
Add Additional Audio Tracks: No
Mixdown Additional Audio Tracks to 2CH: Yes
Burn-in Subtitle Track: Yes (Auto Detect)
Pass-thru Subtitle Tracks: No
Will Encode: Encode 1/Custom 1

WILL PROCESS THE FOLLOWING VIDEOS:
The Princess Bride (1987) : (Movie)
Wanted (2008) : (Movie)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

PROCESSING: The Princess Bride (1987)

*Scanning File: 'The Princess Bride (1987)'
Will encode the following tracks: 1

*Creating The Princess Bride (1987).m4v
Video Track: 1, Duration: 01:38:21, Size: 1920x1080
Audio Tracks:
• 1, English (DTS) (5.1 ch) (iso639-2: eng) ** Default **
- 2, Francais (AC3) (Dolby Surround) (iso639-2: fra), 48000Hz, 224000bps
- 3, Espanol (AC3) (2.0 ch) (iso639-2: spa), 48000Hz, 224000bps
Subtitle Tracks:
• Foreign Audio Search ** Burned-in **
- 1, English (iso639-2: eng) (Bitmap)(PGS)
- 2, Spanish (iso639-2: spa) (Bitmap)(PGS)

Using Custom 1 Preset: ./HandBrakeCLI -i ~/Movies/Batch Rip Movies -o ~/Movies/Batch Encode/movie.mp4 -e x264 -q 22.0 -r 30 --pfr -a 1,1 -E ca_aac,copy:ac3 -B 160,160 -6 dpl2,auto -R auto,auto -D 0.0,0.0 --audio-copy-mask aac,ac3,dtshd,dts,mp3 --audio-fallback ffac3 -f mp4 -4 -X 1280 -Y 720 --loose-anamorphic --modulus 2 -m --subtitle scan --subtitle-burned 1 --subtitle-forced 1 --native-language eng --x264-preset medium --h264-profile high --h264-level 3.1



AtomicParsley error: can't open /Users/pcamarata/Movies/Batch Encode/The Princess Bride (1987).m4v for reading: No such file or directory
/Applications/Batch Rip Actions for Automator.app/Contents/MacOS/mp4info: can't open /Users/pcamarata/Movies/Batch Encode/The Princess Bride (1987).m4v
*Adding Meta Tags to The Princess Bride (1987).m4v
Open: open(/Users/pcamarata/Movies/Batch Encode/The Princess Bride (1987).m4v) failed (../src/mp4file.cpp,398)
Could not open '/Users/pcamarata/Movies/Batch Encode/The Princess Bride (1987).m4v'... aborting
Searching TMDb for The+Princess+Bride... Title found
Searching TagChimp for chapter names... ERROR: unable to open for read: /Users/pcamarata/Movies/Batch Encode/The Princess Bride (1987).m4v

*Writing tags with SublerCLI... Done

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
PROCESSING COMPLETE: The Princess Bride (1987)

I am pretty sure that I am missing the part that automatically pulls the files in the designated parent folders.

Thanks for the help and again other than my nit-picking this has made my life so much easier
No problem. It looks like you need to delete everything before "-e x264". The path to handbrake and the input/output directories are handled by the script even when using custom args.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Mac.jedi
mac.jedi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2014, 05:27 PM   #1360
peterwc87
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac.jedi View Post
No problem. It looks like you need to delete everything before "-e x264". The path to handbrake and the input/output directories are handled by the script even when using custom args.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Mac.jedi
Thanks it looks like it is working I knew it was something simple that i was missing

peterwc87
peterwc87 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2014, 10:08 PM   #1361
mullet05
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: May 2012
First let me say thank you to Mac.Jedi for keeping this project going, I use it all the time and I was at a loss when the movie portion went down.

But now on to my issue, Everything is working great as far as ripping and tagging goes, however I seem to be running into an issue where any movie that ends in the letter T the T gets cut off when the movie is put into iTunes. The movie itself is tagged fine: example, Beerfest (2006) is how the file appears, but in iTunes it shows up as Beerfes (2006)

Now this is a simple yet very tedious fix in iTunes to correct the problem, but it is happening with every movie that ends in the letter T and I can't seem to figure out why.

Any help would be appreciated.
mullet05 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2014, 10:15 PM   #1362
HackerJL
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by mullet05 View Post
First let me say thank you to Mac.Jedi for keeping this project going, I use it all the time and I was at a loss when the movie portion went down.

But now on to my issue, Everything is working great as far as ripping and tagging goes, however I seem to be running into an issue where any movie that ends in the letter T the T gets cut off when the movie is put into iTunes. The movie itself is tagged fine: example, Beerfest (2006) is how the file appears, but in iTunes it shows up as Beerfes (2006)

Now this is a simple yet very tedious fix in iTunes to correct the problem, but it is happening with every movie that ends in the letter T and I can't seem to figure out why.

Any help would be appreciated.
It was reported quite a long time ago by myself. It wasn't enough for me to continue to complain about, but if it could be added to the list of things next go around, id be happy too!
HackerJL is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2014, 09:59 PM   #1363
mawen
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Just updated my Handbrake
__________________
babyliss curl secret
mawen is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2014, 08:26 AM   #1364
OldSkoolNJ
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Has anyone else since the big update been getting Blu Ray rips that result in 10-14Gb sizes of video files? Just seeing if that will be the norm or not?

Thanks!
__________________
"Never ask a man what sort of computer he drives. If he's a Mac user
he'll tell you. If not, why embarrass him?"
--Tom Clancy
More About Me
OldSkoolNJ is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2014, 10:53 AM   #1365
doccelo
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac.jedi View Post
Thanks for letting me know. It's not really a bug it's more like an error notification when it's feed a source folder that it can't process. I debated on whether to have it continue or exit. Since this error would only occur when selecting a folder and running the finder workflow, I chose to have it exit before processing so the user could fix the problem. I'm still on the fence, so this may change. If you'd like to have it continue rather than exit, you can comment out the exit line in the "parseSourceFilesFromInput" function by adding a # before the word exit.
Hi mac.jedi,

Was wondering if you decided what to do as far as the error exiting as per above. I would like for it to continue instead of exiting, but I wasn't sure where to find this "parseSourceFilesFromInput" function. Would you lead me in the right direction?

Thanks!
__________________
MacPro 1,1 (2,1) :: (2x) Intel Xeon X5355 SLAEG 2.66GHZ 8M 1333MHZ Quad Core | HIS Radeon 4890 with Accelero Twin Turbo Cooler | OS X Mavericks 10.9
doccelo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2014, 09:08 AM   #1366
OldSkoolNJ
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
To add to my last post I just had Aliens Blu Ray rip to a 20GB video file. This really can't be the norm now can it?
__________________
"Never ask a man what sort of computer he drives. If he's a Mac user
he'll tell you. If not, why embarrass him?"
--Tom Clancy
More About Me
OldSkoolNJ is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2014, 12:43 PM   #1367
HackerJL
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Homefront (2013)

Odd one here Ive never run into.

Trying to 'tag and rename movie items' on file Homefront (2013) The result is I get ().m4v.

Looks completely normal on themoviedb.org

Anyone have any idea why that is?
HackerJL is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2014, 12:46 PM   #1368
OldSkoolNJ
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Been getting that a lot lately. Sometimes a real pain to fix to.
__________________
"Never ask a man what sort of computer he drives. If he's a Mac user
he'll tell you. If not, why embarrass him?"
--Tom Clancy
More About Me
OldSkoolNJ is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2014, 12:55 PM   #1369
HackerJL
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkoolNJ View Post
Been getting that a lot lately. Sometimes a real pain to fix to.
The odd thing is, using the mac app identify, same deal, it can't find it. I don't think its a workflow related issue, I think its something API to themoviedb.org

Odd...
HackerJL is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2014, 09:54 AM   #1370
khongaeng
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: USA or ประเทศไทย
Good TV Show Settings

I'm wondering if anyone has fine-tuned their encoding settings for TV shows. I'm looking for a preset (HandbrakeCLI argument) that takes a 23 minute show and turns it into 150 MB or so with decent quality for use on an iDevice. Basically, I'm wondering if anyone has any idea what the settings that those ripping teams use to get decent quality videos at such a small size. Thanks in advance. And especially thanks to all involved in keeping this project going. This is a real time saver.

Edit:
Ok...so here are my settings:
VIDEO - mp4, H.264(x264), FPS = same as source, Constant Quality RF =26, Output is 720p
AUDIO - 2 sound tracks (English and German (i'm practicing my german), both AAC (CoreAudio), Stereo, Auto Samplerate, and 128 Bitrate
SUBTITLES - 2 subtitle tracks, not burned in

This seems to get me in the ballpark of 150mb per 23 minute episode, with no real noticeable loss to picture quality - Comedy show, not action or audio intensive. On my 1.7Ghz i7 (2011) Macbook Air, it takes about 13 minutes to encode 1 episode.

Last edited by khongaeng; Apr 14, 2014 at 09:56 AM.
khongaeng is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2014, 09:07 PM   #1371
Fleetwpat
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Make MKV

If I am not ripping BluRay's do I have to have MakeMKV on my computer? Is there a way to customize this workflow without using MakeMKV?


Thank you!
Fleetwpat is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2014, 05:39 AM   #1372
gunthermic
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Under old version the system would automatically make a SD version and HD version of BlueRays so we had both for compatiablity of Devices. It's now gone in new system?
gunthermic is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2014, 10:34 PM   #1373
resonanttoe
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
I'm not sure if this has been covered earlier, but I'm having an issue with the tagging component.

It tags files and it nukes it for quicktime. Its only certain files but repeatable for that particular file.

Output from HB info and log files are here.
http://pastebin.com/uK5e0BF8

I can't see anything that is jumping out at me, but I'm not too sure what I'm looking at.
resonanttoe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2014, 06:25 AM   #1374
skyline65
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
I’m getting this error installing on 10.9.3? Can anyone help?
skyline65 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2014, 12:54 AM   #1375
ZeroBeat
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Cool

What would the possibility (likely suggested before) of this working in collaboration with Ben Dodson's iTunes Artwork Finder to produce cover art for movies/TV? Which gives users the iTunes cover art used when purchasing through iTunes. Though this does have its limits, possibility of having a check involved? So if it's not through that, it then selects as normal.
ZeroBeat is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Automating DVD & Blu-Ray (Backup, Encoding & Tagging) for Windows? bertie343 Apple TV and Home Theater 4 Jun 16, 2013 07:26 AM
Time Capsule & External Blu Ray Drive? jmine83 Mac Peripherals 0 Dec 8, 2012 12:45 PM
Handbrake encoding Blu-Ray iOrbit Apple TV and Home Theater 7 Sep 17, 2012 05:23 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:04 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC