Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air

Old Dec 15, 2012, 01:05 PM   #1
thenumbersrbad
macrumors 6502

Help with Free Space on Air

Here's the thing.

If I go into the Apple menu and look at about this mac and then more info and look at storage it shows I have 58 GBs in back ups and only 43GBs available free.

But if I look in finder at the bottom it shows that I have over 100GB free space.

Does anyone know how this can be? And which is right?
thenumbersrbad is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2012, 01:07 PM   #2
GGJstudios
macrumors Westmere

If you're wondering what "Other" category in the Lion/ML storage tab is about, this may help explain:
What is this "Other" in the storage tab? What is eating my space
For space issues not explained by the above, there are a few things you can try, some of which may or may not apply:Here are a few resolutions found by others with the same question:Freeing up space in Mac OS X

How OS X and iOS report storage capacity
GGJstudios is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air