Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Mac Peripherals

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jan 1, 2013, 06:15 AM   #26
ylang48
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Dangerous for cats?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucom View Post
What? You're saying it's dangerous for the cat to sit ontop of the Airpor Extreme?


If serious, please explain
My cat constantly sits on the wifi and seems to have an increasing neurological problem. She is very insecure on her legs and keeps falling. the symptoms are increasing and I was wondering if the heat/radiations can cause any trouble ???? Normally I don't believe in such radiation myths, but I was indeed wondering if there is a relation...
ylang48 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 06:17 AM   #27
Macman45
macrumors G5
 
Macman45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
USB to CAT cable?
__________________
Thats Not All Folks
Macman45 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 08:59 AM   #28
MCAsan
macrumors 68030
 
MCAsan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Atlanta
Sitting on an RF transmitter can not be a health enhancer. Only a study could determine probable risks based of RF frequency, transmit power levels, proximity, and hours of exposure per day. I doubt such a study will happen.
__________________
Retina MBP 11,3 2.6GHz | 16GB | 1TB
Thunderbolt Display
iPhone 6 | Silver | 128GB | Unlocked
iPad Air 2 | Silver | 128GB | WiFi only
MCAsan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 10:15 AM   #29
ylang48
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAsan View Post
Sitting on an RF transmitter can not be a health enhancer. Only a study could determine probable risks based of RF frequency, transmit power levels, proximity, and hours of exposure per day. I doubt such a study will happen.
I agree. I was just wondering if others had observed something similar
ylang48 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 10:20 AM   #30
Macman45
macrumors G5
 
Macman45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
I guess if you really need to stop the cat from sitting on the device, then your local pet store will have things that cats dislike....Just explain you can't spray chemicals etc. on it. I can't remember the name of the product, but its an organic leaf like product. A small dish or container on the top where the cat sits will soon deter the behaviour, and your cat will soon find another place he/ she likes.
__________________
Thats Not All Folks
Macman45 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 10:51 AM   #31
Mercurial11
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGJstudios View Post
Apple - AirPort Extreme - Technical Specs
Attachment 374156
Sorry, I just couldn't resist!

I seriously doubt it can cause any problems.
That is hilarious.

I would be more concerned about my cat having issues in their nether regions from sitting on the router.... the good news is that a cat will rotate where they like to sit every few weeks. I assume the router is on your desk and your kitty just loves being on the desk messing with you. Maybe provide him or her a suitable replacement for the router as a place to sit, like a piece of paper. It really gets out of hand when he or she begins to attack your mouse.
Mercurial11 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 11:06 AM   #32
ylang48
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macman45 View Post
I guess if you really need to stop the cat from sitting on the device, then your local pet store will have things that cats dislike....Just explain you can't spray chemicals etc. on it. I can't remember the name of the product, but its an organic leaf like product. A small dish or container on the top where the cat sits will soon deter the behaviour, and your cat will soon find another place he/ she likes.
I just turned it against the wall so it's impossible now. It is warm that's why it's her favourite place and unfortunately the radiators are too narrow for her to sit on.
ylang48 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 05:26 PM   #33
Tucom
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by ylang48 View Post
My cat constantly sits on the wifi and seems to have an increasing neurological problem. She is very insecure on her legs and keeps falling. the symptoms are increasing and I was wondering if the heat/radiations can cause any trouble ???? Normally I don't believe in such radiation myths, but I was indeed wondering if there is a relation...
Wow that's awful, I'm really sorry to hear that about her, take her to the vet ASAP, and definitely keep her off the AirPort Extreme, as now that I think of it I guess it could be affecting the poor kitty.
Tucom is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 06:01 PM   #34
lexvo
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: The Netherlands
If I remember correctly, a WiFi signal is 20 times weaker than a GSM signal.
__________________
27" iMac i5 - iPod 80GB - iPhone 5s 64GB - iPad3 - ATV3 - Airport Extreme - Airport Express
lexvo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 06:30 PM   #35
ylang48
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
I will get an appointment with a neurologist vet on Thursday since he is closed until then. I also bought a "tunnel" to hang on the heater and hope she will like this better - it's definitely more comfortable. Thanks to all for your support despite the fact that this is not a pet-lover site!
ylang48 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2013, 06:31 PM   #36
Scepticalscribe
Contributor
 
Scepticalscribe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kite flying
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGJstudios View Post
Apple - AirPort Extreme - Technical Specs
Attachment 374156
Sorry, I just couldn't resist!

I seriously doubt it can cause any problems.
This is hilarious. Very clever and very funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamillalusa View Post
My cat approves this picture.

Image
Great picture and lovely cat.

I have to say I have howled with laughter at this thread - the whole thread is wonderfully life affirming and utterly hilarious. Fantastic, and absolutely absurdly bizarre. But very very funny.
Scepticalscribe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2013, 04:32 AM   #37
ylang48
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scepticalscribe View Post
This is hilarious. Very clever and very funny.



Great picture and lovely cat.

I have to say I have howled with laughter at this thread - the whole thread is wonderfully life affirming and utterly hilarious. Fantastic, and absolutely absurdly bizarre. But very very funny.
It is funny I agree nice to see such good spirit
ylang48 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Mac Peripherals

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can I use an old graphite AirPort Extreme to extend a 2011 5th gen Airprort Extreme? tevion5 Mac Peripherals 7 Jun 27, 2013 09:45 PM
My cat Millie loves Apple. Accoladeuk Picture Gallery 9 Jan 2, 2013 12:45 PM
Replacing airport extreme with express. Can you run the extreme as a hub mellofello Mac Peripherals 1 Jun 26, 2012 11:06 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:29 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC