Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > iOS Blog Discussion

Old May 17, 2013, 12:24 PM   #26
SockRolid
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by japanime View Post
I'm not a fan of Facebook, either. However, this might be one of those times that a "fake" Facebook account comes in handy.
Great idea. Better associate a spam email account with it too.
Old May 17, 2013, 03:59 PM   #27
I WAS the one
macrumors 6502a

Angry

Can't all of you haters be happy for a moment and give enthusiasm to a new idea developed for the iPad or iPhone? Why so many critics and hating? Whoa, This community is turning into an Android community.
Old May 17, 2013, 08:40 PM   #28
Renzatic
macrumors 604

I watched a little bit of it, and...meh. It's alright. For what it's supposed to be (a found footage film), it's a little too loud, overdone with pointless effects, and the acting's merely passable.

To me, it seems like its trying to be Marble Hornets, but fails because it lacks the subtlety and quiet moments that made MH so damn scary. I find it amazing that a big budget studio production failed to match what a few bored college kids with a couple hundred bucks did in their spare time.
Renzatic is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2013, 01:29 PM   #29
topper24hours
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissaragi View Post
That works out as an expensive "movie"

My thought as well when I saw the $14.99 price mentioned. Really? $15 to watch a film on my ipad? Pass.
topper24hours is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2013, 03:31 PM   #30
AppleInTheMud
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compile 'em all View Post
Have you watched The Cabin in the Woods?
Cabin in the woods ? WORST movie ever. Never seen anything as crapy as it.

Back To Topic.: Haunting Melissa is a great idea - But the movie is boring, scenes are to long. It's nothing.

And ehmmm.... Why the f... does AirPlay die, if you dont turn off the screen lock. THats stupiiid :-)

NICE IDEA - THUMBS UP ! ... Haunting Melissa - Sucks Big Time though :-(

But more of this please.
AppleInTheMud is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2013, 06:46 AM   #31
Umasuki
macrumors newbie

You need to watch this then...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderSkunk View Post
Sort of... But even Dexter is very methodical and very much "into" his killing, and endears & makes the audience feel safe because he only goes after other villains.

Remove those aspects, someone who just kills randomly, indiscriminately, broad daylight, city streets, you name it, because the opportunity presents itself and the idea strikes them, without any provocation or ideology or motive to figure out and track. Just, an unassuming character who wanders through the world at ease, leaving eddies of chaos in their wake because they can and it means absolutely nothing but a moments enjoyment to them.

Haven't seen cabin in the woods. I sort of lost interest in the horror genre when it all turned into supernatural quackery and shaky cameras in the dark and the aforementioned soundtracks.

The war scene in the beethoven bio "Immortal Beloved" was more horrific than any of that. ...and a pretty great movie too.
This movie will disturb you... And it's not a horror flick even. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwGFea7JuFw

It's not disturbing because it's grotesque or anything. It's because it happened... two years after it was made http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anders_Behring_Breivik
Umasuki is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2013, 01:16 PM   #32
Kissaragi
macrumors 68020

Ill stick to watching american horror story which also comes in episodes and is handily recorded on my nice TV.
Kissaragi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2013, 10:11 AM   #33
reel2reel
macrumors 6502a

This ain't horror. The Shining is horror. The original Halloween is horror.

This is the same old PG-13 ghost-story crap that's been passing for horror for years now. Quick cuts and loud noises. Zero story, Zero craft, Zero fun.

Maybe infants might find it clever.
reel2reel is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2013, 04:33 PM   #34
infinitech
macrumors member

when this yahoo-tumblr thing bombs will this app be renamed "Haunting Melissa Mayer"
infinitech is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2013, 12:26 PM   #35
fujitsu
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtOfWarfare View Post
Sounds interesting. But I dislike horror movies.
Same here. I sleep alone in my room.

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > iOS Blog Discussion