Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zipa

macrumors 65816
Feb 19, 2010
Gamers? 5X faster loading times for infinity blade 3.

Sure. It's just that 99,9 % of iphone buyers play angry birds, clash of clans and farmville, and I'm not entirely sure how much better their experience will be with the new 64-bit processor. Especially when you factor in that Apple must provide a compatibility layer for 32-bit apps for years to come, so unless you got some "Apple special developer dude" bonus check, there isn't much incentive to migrate your app to 64-bit.

The sixty-fourth time's the charm: the benefits of Apple moving to a 64-bit architecture on iPhone was... *drumroll*

SLIM TO NONE!

Edit: I'll reiterate this as well: it was basically useless, but it was mandatory.

MTR77

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2013
Why is 64 bit useless? Anandtech is saying that the 64 bit in the 5s does give it a slight performance boost due to 64 bit. Switching to 64 bit gives it a slight performance boost

why do u need perf boost. i never had any perf issues with iphones.

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Jul 21, 2012
why do u need perf boost. i never had any perf issues with iphones.

My comment goes out to those who say "oh 64-bit processor is just a market gimmick by Apple and 64 bit doesnt offer any advantages right now"

They are completly wrong

shaunp

Cancelled
Nov 5, 2010
Really? Either you have a significantly overinflated self worth, thinking the government even cares to have your fingerprint, or you are needing to hide from the government because you have done something wrong or are planning to in the near future.

What exactly, other than in cases where you are arrested or work in the military or government security detail, are fingerprints used to "track" you?

Fingerprints should only be part if what you worry about. Writing to forums online and using any cell phone offers someone the ability to track you. Driving a car, having a library card, credit card, going to a bank, shopping. You might want to consider moving to northern Idaho, cutting yourself off from all outside contact, including the use of the electrical grid, and start preparing for the end of the world.

Nope, I'm just realistic. Fingerprint scanners are a bad idea. You'll wake up one day and think 'did I really agree to this'

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.