Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GP20

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
There are areas inside my house where my iPhone keep dropping the wi-fi connection, while my sister's iPhone 5 has no issue and holds the connection fine. I really don't wanna get the phone swapped at the apple store 'cos it took a few tries to find this exterior flawless one and it doesn't rattle excessively. I've already tried restoring as new - no difference.

Can this be fixed by replacing the antenna? Or wi-fi adapter? Can the wi-fi adapters even be replaced? I can swap parts myself from a scrap iPhone 5.

Thanks! Really appreciate any advice!

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
Wait until she goes to sleep, then SWITCH!? :D

Seriously, obviously there is something wrong with yours. If you restore OS and no change that means is the hardware.

How many antennas does your WIFI access point has? Turn the whole box around 45-90 degrees. I don't have an explanation, just try it, is free.

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Jul 21, 2012
Reset network settings? Did you try that on your i5? Did you try a hard reset?

GP20

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
Yep tried everything at least twice each. Pretty sure it's not a software issue.

Is it possible to swap the wifi adapter?

Givmeabrek

macrumors 68040
Apr 20, 2009
NY
It's under warranty. Don't touch it!! Let Apple replace it.

The last thing you want to do is open it up and start replacing parts at random. :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.