Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Acorn

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 2, 2009
macrumors
I read on the parallels sticky that previous generations had license problems switching from parallels bootcamp to just bootcamp. Basically you go into parallels virtual machine and it asks you to activate windows 7 again. then you boot into bootcamp without parallels and you will need to activate yet again. causing your license to eventually lock from going back and forth.

Does this still happen? Is it possible to have bootcamp windows 7 activated and bootcamp VM activated at the same time?

u26055

macrumors newbie
Aug 14, 2007
San Deigo, CA
I've been using Bootcamp & Parallel for over year. I did have an issue when I installed Windows, since I bought the update for 3 PC's & had used all 3, I replaced my windows machines with Mac's, so I wasn't using the keys anymore. They gave me a new key & it took a few times of entering it to have have it take, but I have been asked for it in months. It was a big deal & parallels works great.

Daeve

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2007
I run both - I had to put my key in twice (once in each) but since then its been fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.