Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Current Events

Old Jul 17, 2013, 01:00 PM   #1
TedM
macrumors 6502

State Dept Spokesperson grilled over Snowden

Here is the link: http://youtu.be/GDFIVVmXE-g

Old Jul 19, 2013, 08:25 AM   #2
GroundLoop
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedM View Post
Here is the link:

YouTube: video
Wow, did she dig herself into a hole. I did chuckle a little at her reaction when she realized what she had said and was called out on it.

GL
GroundLoop is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2013, 08:47 PM   #3
filmbuff
macrumors 6502a

I think she was just trying really to stay politically correct. She basically spent 24 minutes trying not to say "we're pissed at Russia for helping Snowden" because, as we all know, everything in politics has to be done and said very carefully. Saying something anti-Russian would only make them more likely to give Snowden asylum.

I also think it would be a really good idea for the government to "let it go" with this one. When a huge majority of the population feels like Snowden is a whistleblower, and the public is suddenly aware of a huge privacy invasion, what do they have to gain by prosecuting him? They should just drop the charges and permanently ban him from government work.
filmbuff is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2013, 09:22 AM   #4
velocityg4
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by filmbuff View Post
I think she was just trying really to stay politically correct. She basically spent 24 minutes trying not to say "we're pissed at Russia for helping Snowden" because, as we all know, everything in politics has to be done and said very carefully. Saying something anti-Russian would only make them more likely to give Snowden asylum.

I also think it would be a really good idea for the government to "let it go" with this one. When a huge majority of the population feels like Snowden is a whistleblower, and the public is suddenly aware of a huge privacy invasion, what do they have to gain by prosecuting him? They should just drop the charges and permanently ban him from government work.
He should be given the Medal of Honor and appointed to watch the NSA and prevent further privacy invasions. Yes I know the Medal of Honor is supposed to be for the military but it is the highest honor. Then fire every government contractor and employee who did not alert the public.
velocityg4 is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Current Events