Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fabricman112

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 3, 2010
I just woke my iPod 3rd generation 30GB (10 years old :eek: ) , I dont think it has been "alive" for at least 5 years hehe.. gave it a full charge & synced some music...
this thing is as new.. unbelievable
my main profession is I´m a commercial-offshore/hazmat diver and sometimes we decompress for 24 hours...
my "old" iPod-touch gen 2 broke down and I didnt feel like driving to buy a new iPod I thought maybe my 10 year old would do.. and so it does :)

Fabricman112

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 3, 2010
Hopefully the battery still works! :eek:

Mine doesn't hold that much of a charge. :(

yupp you´re right, I think my battery is pretty bad as well :rolleyes:
I´m still contemplating buying a new touch.. well the heli leaves on monday so I´ve got some time

andiwm2003

macrumors 601
Mar 29, 2004
Boston, MA
yupp you´re right, I think my battery is pretty bad as well :rolleyes:
I´m still contemplating buying a new touch.. well the heli leaves on monday so I´ve got some time

well, i did put a new battery in my old iPod 3rd or 4th, don't remember. was a bit tricky but worked like a charm. was not expensive either. bought it on ebay for 20 bucks or so. well worth the fun.

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
Hopefully the battery still works! :eek:

Mine doesn't hold that much of a charge. :(
My iPod Color (4th gen?) is still holding a decent charge. Of course I've been careful to make sure the battery never drains by recharging it once a month.

And I wind up using it a couple of times a year.

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
My iPod Color (4th gen?) is still holding a decent charge. Of course I've been careful to make sure the battery never drains by recharging it once a month.

And I wind up using it a couple of times a year.

That is what I'm doing with my iPod Nano. My iPod 3rd generation actually started to suffer from battery and hard drive issues in late 2006/early 2007 though. It still acts as wonky as it was then, and I'm surprised it even still half-works. I replaced it with the iPod Video the week the issues starting happening.

three

Cancelled
Jan 22, 2008
I recently did the same thing and pulled out my 3rd generation iPod. Mine doesn't hold any charge but when it's plugged in it works wonders! I really love the 3rd generation iPod, the three buttons are so neat!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.