Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iproductsuser

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2012
DON'T DO IT. I sold my older iphone to a person that I thought lived in New Jersey. I only sell to the lower 48 states. The buyer apparently lives in Ukraine and had some intermediary shipping company accept delivery from NJ and then they ship it abroad. After receiving the phone he said it didn't work (it did btw) and eBay sided with him and paid him the money with the instructiuons that he is to send me the phone back. Well, it's two weeks later and no phone, and since he created a shipping label eBay just tells me to wait for the phone to deliver. UGH.

Now I can't use ebay or my PayPal account until this is resolved.

You got taken'

pooleman

Suspended
Jan 11, 2012
Eastern CT
You got taken'

I just got word from eBAy yesterday that they will not ask me to reimburse Paypal for the money they refunded to the buyer. I guess they figured out he was a scammer. They could have saved $125 if they had just talked to me first or tried to get my side of the issue. Oh well, it's no skin off my nose.

The buyer also provided return shipping information so maybe it will come back. Although, that was two weeks ago and it is still in the "a shipping label was created" status. I'm pretty sure it's not coming back and the buyer has had no other ebay transactions since the incident with my iPhone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.