Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wvuwhat

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 26, 2007
So, my friend and I are working on his website for his new construction business. I am helping him and have very limited knowledge of the various ins and outs of Dreamweaver.

We want to create something that will show thumbnails and be able to click to enlarge to full size. Something along the lines of this:

http://www.rendonremodeling.com/#interior/1/gallery_detail.cfm

Do you have any helpful tips or any links that you could share?

Thank you.

polliwog

macrumors member
Mar 26, 2009
This post is old but I found it through google. Seems nobody knows how to code anymore. And using lightbox can get more complex than the average Joe or Jane can overcome. In Dreamweaver this is super easy. I never used CS4 before, but no doubt it's about the same as with the current version (CS6).

First, you must take your images and resize them in say Paint or Photoshop. I use Photoshop 64 CS6. File and open the image. Go to Image in the menu then to image size. Choose your pixels (say 300x200) and click ok and choose where or what you want to save the thumbnail/smaller image as.

Then open up Dreamweaver. Choose html site when the dialogue box opens at program start.

At the bottom right corner of DW (by default) you'll find your site files/folders. Drag the pictures (the thumbnail and the original image) into your images folder.

Put the cursor where you want the picture thumb to be inserted on the page. Then go to Insert in the menu and select image. Find the thumbnail image you just dragged to your site files. And click ok. DW will bring it onto the page where you had the cursor placed.

Right click on this thumbnail image and select add link. Choose the original main image and enter some alt text to help the search engines if you want and that's it.

I think it's much easier than learning lightbox2 and/or jquery

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.