Bottom Right corner 24 8.73%
Bottom Left corner 35 12.73%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 275. You may not vote on this poll

Old Oct 15, 2013, 04:41 AM   #151
jabingla2810
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabingla2810 View Post
I understand itís hardly a huge problem, but I plan on keeping this phone for a couple of years ...
Quoting myself from a year ago.

I remember thinking I'd keep the iPhone 5 till the iPhone 6, but now I own an iPhone 5s.

I'm so fickle.

Anyhow, relating back to this topic, my iPhone 5s is rock solid, thankfully.

Looking at the Poll results, it looks like about 25% of phones have this issue.

Obviously, this is a tiny slice of users, and hardly scientific, but it's a worryingly high number.
Old Oct 15, 2013, 04:45 AM   #152
Drew1204
macrumors member

Just took in my space gray 64gb to the apple store for a loose screen / clicking screen near the ear piece and top right of the phone. You could visibly see the screen moving up and down about 1mm as you pushed and applied pressure.

They gave me a new one no hassles and its rock solid.

The home button is nicer feeling on the new one as well. More of an iPhone 4 feel, not the super click there's a bubble under my home button feel.
Drew1204 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2013, 05:45 PM   #153
hamiltonDSi
macrumors 6502a

Yep. Right side.
Going to the Orange Store (my carrier) monday morning.
hamiltonDSi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2013, 06:20 PM   #154
OasisNYK
macrumors 6502

I got my 5 last year on release date and it had the clicking problem. I never got around to taking it back and after ignoring the temptation to click the corners for almost a year, I tried it yesterday and the problem is gone.

My guess its part of the curing process but its your choice what you want to do. It never impacted the performance of my phone and like I said, it doesn't even click now.
OasisNYK is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2013, 11:02 PM   #155
jasono346
macrumors newbie

iphone click

I have the same problem with mine. but it only does this in cold temperatures or sudden changes in temperature otherwise it is fine. 1 other question. will Apple replace it if it is a business bought phone?
jasono346 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2013, 06:33 AM   #156
Prognut
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCO View Post
Top right hand side on mine

Same thing for me. But after I dropped it with no visible damage. Apple replaced it no problem.
Prognut is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2013, 07:15 AM   #157
benoit85
macrumors member

I had this problem on my 5C, i've only had it just over a week and already swapped it as the first one had a dead pixel and also the casing was coming away from the screen! the new one is fine apart from this screen clicking issue. Happens in the bottom left hand corner,seems to be intermittent though. I called phones 4 u and told them i don't want another 5C and they are upgrading me to a 5S now so hopefully that will be perfect but i am worried that im going to find issue with that one too, will have to wait and see.
benoit85 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2013, 06:23 AM   #158
tripoli8647
macrumors newbie

I have found that opening the two screws, gently removing screen (be careful with ribbon) and running your finger inside casing and screen to remove dirt solves the clicking problem.

Reset and tightened and the issue has disappeared. Maybe it's just a fresh reset or realignment but it takes minutes and seems to have worked.
tripoli8647 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2014, 09:53 AM   #159
cesmith979
macrumors newbie

Hey the guy that went to the apple store did you need to have a warranty for your phone to get the guys to replace it please respond back
cesmith979 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2014, 10:03 AM   #160
Savvy912
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cesmith979 View Post
hey the guy that went to the apple store did you need to have a warranty for your phone to get the guys to replace it please respond back

+1
Savvy912 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2014, 10:14 AM   #161
jabingla2810
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Hey the guy that went to the apple store did you need to have a warranty for your phone to get the guys to replace it please respond back
I bought my iphone direct from Apple so they had all my details.
jabingla2810 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2014, 09:24 PM   #162
Mylo130
macrumors newbie

Took my iPhone 5 to the Apple store yesterday for this problem. My screen clicks, but it's very intermittent...is worse after the phone has sat un-used for a while or if the it gets cold. Trying to demonstrate the problem in the store is pretty much impossible because most times you get one good click sound. I did notice that you can see the screen push in along the left edge, and can actually feel it moving with part of your finger on the metal frame and the other part on the screen. I had the genius feel and see it for himself, and he said they're going to replace the screen. Unfortunately the screen calibration machine is expected to be down for a week, so I'll be heading back at that time.
Mylo130 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2014, 12:20 AM   #163
cesmith979
macrumors newbie

Does anybody no a simple way to fix it at home
cesmith979 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2014, 05:29 AM   #164
jabingla2810
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Does anybody no a simple way to fix it at home
5 posts above yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripoli8647 View Post
I have found that opening the two screws, gently removing screen (be careful with ribbon) and running your finger inside casing and screen to remove dirt solves the clicking problem.

Reset and tightened and the issue has disappeared. Maybe it's just a fresh reset or realignment but it takes minutes and seems to have worked.
Old Jun 14, 2014, 10:23 AM   #165
Crosseeyd83
macrumors newbie

Bad Glue + Bad Battery

The glass on your screen is held in place by a plastic bezel. This bezel holds the metal tabs that secure the entire assembly to the phone. This plastic bezel's glue has failed causing the screen to "pop" when it is pushed back into that bezel.
Some people receive their phones with a bad bezel, while others have bad batteries that expand pushing the screen away from this plastic bezel. This will typically occur on the left side of the screen. (So, if your battery isn't holding a charge and randomly fluctuating this might be a contributing factor)

If your phone is under warranty, apple will swap it out for free. If not, you will need to pull your screen off, and re-glue that bezel to the glass. I pulled mine away from the screen and used a tooth pick to "paint" super glue to the edge of the exposed screen. Works like a dream.
Keep in mind if your battery is bad, you will need to replace it before gluing your glass.

Important note: self repairs void your warranty, but if you're out of warranty it doesn't really matter.
Crosseeyd83 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2014, 11:12 AM   #166
eelw
macrumors regular

Oddly on my launch iPhone 5, I had my battery begin to bulge and it lifted the right side of the screen. Genius was also confused why it would be. But she opened it up to confirm and unit was replaced for safety issues even though I was OOW.
eelw is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone