Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

uhaas

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 31, 2012
Boston, MA
I received this from our helpdesk today:
Apple has acknowledged a widespread issue with iPhones and iPads upgraded to iOS 6.1. Please refrain from upgrading to iOS 6.1, if you haven’t done so already.

If you have upgraded, please remove calendar synchronization by performing the following steps.

1. Determine your iOS version by going to Settings > General > About > scroll down to Version.

2. If your iOS Version is 6.1, remove calendar synchronization by going to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Selecting your Exchange account > slide the Calendar to the Off position > select Delete from my iPhone. This will remove the copy of your calendar from the device.

Note - If your iOS Version is not Version 6.1, no action is required.

Anyone know of this serious issue around Exchange Calendar sync? I live and die by my phone's calendar.

----------

http://www.zdnet.com/ios-6-1-banned-from-corporate-servers-due-to-exchange-snafu-7000011064/

mrapplegate

macrumors 68030
Feb 26, 2011
Cincinnati, OH

rey.gran1342

macrumors newbie
Feb 12, 2013
Mis Or, PH
Where was the announcement about Exchange and iOS 6.1.1?

i'm sorry. i take that back. no official word from Apple yet. but i've read somewhere that most iPhone 4S owners who updated to iOS 6.1.1 do not have the MS Exchange issue anymore. Personally, i don't use Exchange so i can't test to this.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
i'm sorry. i take that back. no official word from Apple yet. but i've read somewhere that most iPhone 4S owners who updated to iOS 6.1.1 do not have the MS Exchange issue anymore. Personally, i don't use Exchange so i can't test to this.
I'm not even really sure how end users would know about the Exchange issue (would be good if there was a good way).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.