Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bmac4

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta Ga
Is anyone else having issues with the weather app being way behind updating the weather. The weather channel app tells me the temp is 47 while the weather app says 37. Don't understand. Does the weather app not update often enough?

Browns2212

macrumors regular
Dec 6, 2012
Orchard Park, NY
I use a local weather app called "StormTrack Weather" which I think is really good. But, I also have the Weather Channel app and the Apple App.

Just looked at all 3.

StormTrack Weather = 21 degrees (F)
Apple = 19 degrees (F)
Weather Channel = 20 degrees (F)

So, all are fairly close.

Bugeyeblue

macrumors 6502a
Mar 27, 2011
Is anyone else having issues with the weather app being way behind updating the weather. The weather channel app tells me the temp is 47 while the weather app says 37. Don't understand. Does the weather app not update often enough?

Ya I have that same problem here in California. There's always at least a 8-10 degree difference and sometimes more. Using google voice search, apple weather and weather channel app.

bmac4

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta Ga
Ya I have that same problem here in California. There's always at least a 8-10 degree difference and sometimes more. Using google voice search, apple weather and weather channel app.

Yea it seems to me the app does not really update as often as it appears. I don't know, but I JB my iphone and I have the weather app as a widget and it just does not seem to be that accurate

JAT

macrumors 603
Dec 31, 2001
Mpls, MN
I hate the weather app. It has barely any city choices, often switches my city to one 500 miles and 3 states away, is usually at least an hour behind on conditions, and really doesn't have all that much info in the first place.

I switched to the wunderground web app long ago, and they now have a standard app I like. But unfortunately, all the widgets use Apple's weather. The current widget setup I'm toying with doesn't update properly, either. Not even when I manually hit the Update button. Everything else that is data works, it's not like I'm disconnected from LTE. I really wish Apple would allow widget use in Notifications.

In fact, I think it is giving me Minneapolis, Kansas again in this widget. Claims 28 deg, and we haven't broken 10 since Monday in MN.

bmac4

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta Ga
I hate the weather app. It has barely any city choices, often switches my city to one 500 miles and 3 states away, is usually at least an hour behind on conditions, and really doesn't have all that much info in the first place.

I switched to the wunderground web app long ago, and they now have a standard app I like. But unfortunately, all the widgets use Apple's weather. The current widget setup I'm toying with doesn't update properly, either. Not even when I manually hit the Update button. Everything else that is data works, it's not like I'm disconnected from LTE. I really wish Apple would allow widget use in Notifications.

In fact, I think it is giving me Minneapolis, Kansas again in this widget. Claims 28 deg, and we haven't broken 10 since Monday in MN.

Yea it looks that way to me. I am guess you have JB your iphone as well?

SR45

macrumors 65832
Aug 17, 2011
Florida
If there isn't an app for my local city, and not some city many miles away or from a weather station in some other State, I don't bother with weather apps at all. Even our local reports are normally off a few degrees. Hit or miss ;)

driver123

macrumors newbie
Mar 3, 2013
Weather app wildly off by 20+ degrees

Occasionally the iPhone weather app will hugely understate the temperature.

In the attached example it said it was 48 degrees when it was really 70 degrees.

What could be going on here?

Attachments

• apptemp.PNG
    apptemp.PNG
    58.1 KB · Views: 320
  • yahootemp.PNG
    yahootemp.PNG
    55.1 KB · Views: 332

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
for what its worth, when i open the weather in the notification menu, it sometimes takes 10 seconds or so to finally update the weather to the current temp. so if you give it a quick glance, then close it....it may be off. sometimes it take a second or two, but more times than not it take 10+.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.