Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cfs

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 8, 2008
Hi All,

iWork has definitely became better with time as one can now save to Dropbox and other apps. This leads me to a question. I just downloaded SugarSync. However, this application is not showing up at all in iWork, Notability, and other applications. Am I doing Something wrong?

Thanks,

CFS

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
So you wanna put the app in the Cloud? Can't you just put the app in a shared folder and sync it that way?

WilliamLondon

macrumors 68000
Dec 8, 2006
I have 6GB free storage on both Dropbox and SugarSync, and I'm currently using Dropbox constantly on my iPad, iMac and MBA, but rarely am I using SugarSync, because it simply doesn't integrate as well as Dropbox does. I've got both apps on my iPad, and both are on the home screen, but the SugarSync app isn't always open as the Dropbox app is.

Is there a reason you don't use Dropbox? It's just so much better at integrating with these apps than SugarSync (as you already determined).

GG7

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2012
I mean I want to save iWork documents using SugarSync on my iPad.

While I love SugarSync on my iMac and MB Pro, it doesn't seem to be very useful on iPhone or iPad beyond remote access of documents.

I found this on the SugarSync website: https://sugarsync.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/134
(if the link doesn't work, sorry, I'm new to these forums)

As others have suggested, DropBox may suit your needs better unless you don't mind emailing your documents to save them in the cloud.

cfs

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 8, 2008
I have 6GB free storage on both Dropbox and SugarSync, and I'm currently using Dropbox constantly on my iPad, iMac and MBA, but rarely am I using SugarSync, because it simply doesn't integrate as well as Dropbox does. I've got both apps on my iPad, and both are on the home screen, but the SugarSync app isn't always open as the Dropbox app is.

Is there a reason you don't use Dropbox? It's just so much better at integrating with these apps than SugarSync (as you already determined).

I do use Dropbox but I was thinking of using Dopbox for work and SugarSync for personal use. I just assumed that in iWork when I press the open in app button sugar sync would have appeared like lots of other apps I have but it doesn't.

Cfs

cbronfman

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2008
Washington DC
I've written SugarSync about it

It's very frustrating. I subscribed to SugarSync originally and it syncs all my files and folders really well - and so I can access files to read them on my iPad. BUT I keep my 2GB free Dropbox account so I can save, receive, edit etc. on my iPad and then when I'm back on my Mac - transfer them to whatever folder or additional cloud I want them in. I started using SS close to 2 years ago. I really have to look into a subscription to Dropbox for when my SS one expires as the former is much more useful.

SS has a new update coming out. (I got a newsletter today about it - it's in Beta.) I really should write them and find out if they have more apps that link with them. Not sure if it's their call entirely - or whether iAnnotate etc. won't l link with them. I've written several other app developers to see if their is a fix in process. That was some time ago - and I've heard nothing to make me optimistic.

WilliamLondon

macrumors 68000
Dec 8, 2006
my 2GB free Dropbox account

Only 2GB? If you triple that amount for free would it change things?

I have free accounts with both SugarSync and Dropbox and they have ~6GB *each* of storage (~12GB between the two). Increase the size of your Dropbox account, it's easy to do. Same with SugarSync, if you don't have that much free space on it either.

For Dropbox, follow the instructions here (not my article, I found it when I wanted more storage), all free, all legal and legit, and easy to do: info here.

I originally opened my Dropbox account years ago, then left it to collect dust as 2GB was nothing, but found that article a month ago or so and now I use Dropbox daily thanks to the increased storage amount that is available free.

I'm waiting until SugarSync integrates better with programmes, and using it rarely these days, but patiently waiting, and the free storage there is sitting idle (for the most part).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.