Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

flavr

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 9, 2011
After having to ask the manager several times for a higher ups phone number he gave it to me. She seemed much more willing to help...so we'll see...

Squilly

macrumors 68020
Nov 17, 2012
PA
A manager wouldn't be a dick about the package. They know where it's coming from, it's right on the box. Chances are, he stole it...

sectime

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2007
After having to ask the manager several times for a higher ups phone number he gave it to me. She seemed much more willing to help...so we'll see...
Can they evict you for any reason in your rental agreement ? Be firm but nice!!

flavr

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 9, 2011
I have some majors clues it could be him, detailed specific things that point in that direction. Im going to limit my comments on this forum for legal reasons from here on out, Im taking the appropriate measures to settle this. Its been reported to local authorities, top building management, FedEx and Apple. Thanks for all your support. I will report back once it has been resolved.

MrXiro

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2007
Los Angeles
I have some majors clues it could be him, detailed specific things that point in that direction. Im going to limit my comments on this forum for legal reasons from here on out, Im taking the appropriate measures to settle this. Its been reported to local authorities, top building management, FedEx and Apple. Thanks for all your support. I will report back once it has been resolved.

Good luck!

ALMF

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2012
My mini was delivered to the wrong address. FedEx did recover and re-delivered it.

before calling FedEx I had first spoken to apple and they did say that they needed to open investigation as this happens from time to time. An apple manager assured me I would recieve a mini within a couple days as they would expedite shipping of a new one if needed. Apple agreed that they and FedEx were responsible to ensure that it was delivered to me. as a curtesy apple gave me $70 in store merch.

like i said at the beginning FedEx was able to recover the package (same day)and apple still sent me the store merch for my troubles.

propita

macrumors newbie
May 25, 2011
Damn! That sucks.

Two weeks ago, while on vacation in Hawaii, iPad minis had to be ordered. Here in Fresno, they had at least 12 black 32G sitting there, plus the other sizes/color.

class77

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2010
It's a bailment situation and the management company should be responsible for the iPad until you pick it up. There is a locked room for secure storage of the deliveries, so it's not a casual situation. They took it upon themselves to sign for it, so the management company not Apple is responsible.

zed2

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2004
Bucks
It's a bailment situation and the management company should be responsible for the iPad until you pick it up. There is a locked room for secure storage of the deliveries, so it's not a casual situation. They took it upon themselves to sign for it, so the management company not Apple is responsible.

It seems very odd how they think they can get away with stealing something which has been signed for in your building and under their responsibility.

There are only a very few people who could have access to the package. It should be very easy for the police to interview those and get it resolved.

Good luck

forza69

macrumors 6502a
Jan 30, 2010
Are there no security cameras that could have seen who took it? Sorry if this has been mentioned already but I didn't read every post.

ChazUK

macrumors 603
Feb 3, 2008
Essex (UK)
Good luck OP. Great read so far and I hope you get your iPad and to the bottom of whatever has gone on.

You sound like you're on the case anyway! :D

flavr

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 9, 2011
So it looks like the apartment might repay me for iPad by knocking price off next months rent. That's great except for one problem, I bought a 16 gig referb iPad 3 from apple online and they are all sold out. So I'd have to throw in another $150 to replace my stolen iPad. I'm not looking for $$ just want a replacement iPad, so ill be asking for enough money to do just that.

BUT here is an interesting twist. I called apple this morning to get some information and the first name on my delivery and itunes account came up Robert, with my MY actual last name (Robert ......) .Robert is not my first name. BUT the first initial of the the guy at the desk that signed for it was R!!!! I'm looking into if his name is in fact Robert.

PhiladelphiaX

macrumors member
Nov 15, 2012
So it looks like the apartment might repay me for iPad by knocking price off next months rent. That's great except for one problem, I bought a 16 gig referb iPad 3 from apple online and they are all sold out. So I'd have to throw in another $150 to replace my stolen iPad. I'm not looking for $$ just want a replacement iPad, so ill be asking for enough money to do just that.

BUT here is an interesting twist. I called apple this morning to get some information and the first name on my delivery and itunes account came up Robert, with my MY actual last name (Robert ......) .Robert is not my first name. BUT the first initial of the the guy at the desk that signed for it was R!!!! I'm looking into if his name is in fact Robert.

What's the full name of the person who activated and registered your iPad 3 on iTunes?

Also, you should be able to find out the full name of the guy at the front desk if you want to - you should definitely do that if you haven't already.

If he's stupid enough to register the iPad under his real name on iTunes, he definitely deserves what he has coming to him, lol.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.