Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Photography

Old Apr 30, 2013, 10:52 AM   #426
theuserjohnny
macrumors 6502

Blue Jeans by theuserjohnny, on Flickr
Google Nexus 4 16GB
theuserjohnny is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2013, 11:31 AM   #427
Designer Dale
macrumors 68040

Starting the May Thread

Hi, all.

I have updated the Welcome post for the thread with the changes discussed earlier this month (editing out Fortnightly Challenge and adding the link to the archive sticky) and uploaded it to my Docs folder. To start the next months thread, please click the link in my sig and download a copy of the Revised Welcome Post, change the date and copy/paste it. All formatting and links should be good to go.

I've een busy with life, but will check in when I can.

Dale
Old Apr 30, 2013, 11:44 AM   #428
AT06
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Designer Dale View Post
Hi, all.

I have updated the Welcome post for the thread with the changes discussed earlier this month (editing out Fortnightly Challenge and adding the link to the archive sticky) and uploaded it to my Docs folder. To start the next months thread, please click the link in my sig and download a copy of the Revised Welcome Post, change the date and copy/paste it. All formatting and links should be good to go.

I've een busy with life, but will check in when I can.

Dale
Can I make a slight few changes to the formatting?

Code:
Welcome to Photo of the Day. The POTD thread was started by iGary in May, 2006 and converted to a monthly thread in November 2007 by Arn. POTD is one of the most popular picture groups on MacRumors, often exceeding 500 posts and 20,000 views per month.

Photo of the Day is intended to be a showcase for your best pictures. There is no limit to your gear, just your imagination. P&S and film cameras are welcome along with DSLRs. There are no themes like the Weekly Contest, and no winners (or losers) either.

Policies:

*One Photo per Day - Don't post more than one photo each day.

*Quote with Thumbnails - When you quote an image please restore it's thumbnail before replying. You can do this either by installing the AutoTIMG browser extension or by editing the code by hand.

*Multi-Quote - To comment on several photos, click the Multi-Quote button. This puts all your comments in one post. Multi-Quoting is required on all of the MacRumors forums.

*SFW (Safe for Work) only - This is a site - wide rule. If you wouldn't show it in a public place, then it's NSFW (not safe for work). Think before you post.

*Describe your photo - Tell what it is and where you took it. If you know the EXIF data of a photo, include it. The following EXIF fields are recommended: Camera, ISO, Focal Length, Shutter/Aperture and Lens.

Tutorials:

If you need any help with posting, try one of these tutorials.

Posting Photos to Photo Forums from Flickr and ImageShack

How to Quote, Multi-Quote and Edit
Old Apr 30, 2013, 11:47 AM   #429
sunnyj
macrumors 6502

Mom's New Sewing Machine by Sunny Jhooty, on Flickr
www.sunnyjhootyphotography.com
sunnyj is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2013, 12:38 PM   #430
Designer Dale
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by AT06 View Post
Can I make a slight few changes to the formatting?

Code:
Welcome to Photo of the Day. The POTD thread was started by iGary in May, 2006 and converted to a monthly thread in November 2007 by Arn. POTD is one of the most popular picture groups on MacRumors, often exceeding 500 posts and 20,000 views per month.

Photo of the Day is intended to be a showcase for your best pictures. There is no limit to your gear, just your imagination. P&S and film cameras are welcome along with DSLRs. There are no themes like the Weekly Contest, and no winners (or losers) either.

Policies:

*One Photo per Day - Don't post more than one photo each day.

*Quote with Thumbnails - When you quote an image please restore it's thumbnail before replying. You can do this either by installing the AutoTIMG browser extension or by editing the code by hand.

*Multi-Quote - To comment on several photos, click the Multi-Quote button. This puts all your comments in one post. Multi-Quoting is required on all of the MacRumors forums.

*SFW (Safe for Work) only - This is a site - wide rule. If you wouldn't show it in a public place, then it's NSFW (not safe for work). Think before you post.

*Describe your photo - Tell what it is and where you took it. If you know the EXIF data of a photo, include it. The following EXIF fields are recommended: Camera, ISO, Focal Length, Shutter/Aperture and Lens.

Tutorials:

If you need any help with posting, try one of these tutorials.

Posting Photos to Photo Forums from Flickr and ImageShack

How to Quote, Multi-Quote and Edit
I can't say yes or no because it's not really mine, I'm just the gatekeeper. The document (including formatting) was developed by a group of us in an open forum discussion that took around a month to complete back in 2009 or so. If you're interested in proposing changes, feel free to open a thread and solicit input from the forum community. It's an interesting process.

Dale
Old Apr 30, 2013, 12:41 PM   #431
AT06
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Designer Dale View Post
I can't say yes or no because it's not really mine, I'm just the gatekeeper. The document (including formatting) was developed by a group of us in an open forum discussion that took around a month to complete back in 2009 or so. If you're interested in proposing changes, feel free to open a thread and solicit input from the forum community. It's an interesting process.

Dale
Okay - I'm not making changes, just altering the spacing. Nice to know MacRumors is a democracy.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 01:19 PM   #432
Doylem
macrumors 68040

The Windermere ferry...

Doylem is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2013, 05:08 PM   #433
ijohn.8.80
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcortese View Post
It's amazing how much the colors of the orange-red rocks and earth come alive in those golden hour moments.

Thumb resize.
Fabulous contrasting colour range to this series fcortese, really enjoyable to my eyes.

Here's a building I love to hate. It has some interesting perspectives to it, but is challengingly flanked by carparking on its two exposed sides. I liked this view from down low with the gas-meter in the foreground, just a pity about the orange builders bollard and taping to keep people off the garden bed.

Canon 60D, Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Photography