Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

treatment

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 7, 2012
Hey
Thought I might put my problem out there, see if anyone has some helpful experience!

Using a Macbook Pro OS 10.5.8 on one partition,
OS 10.6.? is installed on the other partition.

All my software is on 10.5.8 partition, want to use Migration Assistant to move Applications ONLY to other partition on 10.6

Reason being, 10.5.8 system has become buggy, tried many things to fix it, yes, Repair Permissions, and third party solutions, to no avail.

I was going to do a clean install of OS 10.5, and hopefully avoid installing every plug in and software that I own. But then, I decided that a lot of new software doesn't support 10.5, so I am begrudgingly moving up to 10.6

I have never attempted this, and nervous as heck, because I am in the middle of a bunch of unfinished projects, and I can't really afford a month with no computer as I attempt to find and re-install all of my bloody software.

It should be noted, that *some of my software is cr@cked, and I am worried about whether that stuff will work when the computer is "reborn" into OS 10.6

Also, for the current software I use that MIGHT end up incompatible with the new OS 10.6 partition, will I still be able to boot up 10.5.8 on the other partition and use it?

Any help you can offer me that doesn't include things like "Why are you using cracked software", or "why aren't you upgrading to the latest OS" GREATLY appreciated. http://cdn.macrumors.com/vb/images/smilies/smile.gif

PerformaGuy

macrumors member
Oct 5, 2012
Sorry I read your warning in the last paragraph, but I question you posting the information in your third to last paragraph.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.