Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maverick22

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 30, 2012
I honestly wanted a black iphone5 but got impatient and settled for a white. I'm happy with it but at times wish I would have been more patient.

Just saw where a Target has a white ipad mini in stock, but once again, I'd probably rather have black. I haven't seen a white one in person, but the black looks pretty nice.

Anyone else settling for a color just because it was in stock?

bagelmaker

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2012
No. I would hold out for the color I want. For me that's black, since I feel the white bezel is too distracting while watching videos.

Ladybug

macrumors 68000
Apr 13, 2006
No, I ordered the color I wanted to begin with. I'd rather wait than settle personally. I got the black 32g ipad mini.

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
Originally, I did. I bought a black mini, but I returned it and ordered a white one. I only got black because it was in stock.

j.benj

macrumors member
Jun 13, 2012
The Apple guy at Best Buy tried to fool me into buying a black mini when I asked for a white one. He insisted that they only had black 64gb models in stock until I asked him to check inventory at another nearby store. He came back two minutes later and had magically found a white 64gb model "in the back". LOL

MisterKeeks

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2012
If it was cheap, I could live with a different color. If not, I would hold out and get the color of my choosing, as I probably would use the product for many years.

maverick22

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 30, 2012
For me, when I heard everyone on here mentioning that black iphone 5 seemed to "scuff" more, I thought I'll just get the white. Also, my past 2 iphones have been black. I thought white would be nice for a change. I actually had the black 5 for a little bit until I gave it to my wife. I then wanted one for myself. Best Buy had one in stock finally, and it was white. I thought it looked nice enough. Also thought the wife would swap as she always has a case on hers anyways.

Interested to see the white mini in person. I think I'll also buy whichever happens to come in stock first. Judging by videos on youtube and pictures, both look really nice once again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.