Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jojoba

macrumors 68000
Dec 9, 2011
Yes. iPad 3gen for tablet, Samsung Galaxy Nexus for phone. I don't like the screen size or the keyboard of the iPhone.

tiiim

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2005
I currently have a iPhone and a Nexus 7. The Nexus 7 has shown me Android is a very capable and mature OS so I might be replacing the iPhone with a Nexus 4. But having said that I do like iOS so tempted to get a iPad mini with retina (whenever it shows) for the tablet. However I think as devices like the Nexus 7 and 10 get into more dev's hands we will see more tablet optimised apps for Android, the number is already starting to increase a lot.

However I do have a MBA which is very portable and capable device so even a "big phone" could eliminated a tablet for me. :)

haxrnick

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2011
Seattle
I currently have a iPhone and a Nexus 7. The Nexus 7 has shown me Android is a very capable and mature OS so I might be replacing the iPhone with a Nexus 4. But having said that I do like iOS so tempted to get a iPad mini with retina (whenever it shows) for the tablet. However I think as devices like the Nexus 7 and 10 get into more dev's hands we will see more tablet optimised apps for Android, the number is already starting to increase a lot.

However I do have a MBA which is very portable and capable device so even a "big phone" could eliminated a tablet for me. :)

I'm with you on this. I have an iPhone 5 and a nexus 7. I get my fix from both this way.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
Galaxy SIII for phone.
Nexus 7 for e reader.
IPad for full tablet, gaming, etc.

----------

Stay with the iPad.

----------

People are getting around 5 hours of screen time battery life on the Nexus 10. Kinda sucks, but I guess that's what happens when you're running that many pixels.

----------

I really want a mini. Don't really care about the Retina display crap.

I get 8 hours pretty easily of screen on with my N10 but I only use it inside so the brightness is pretty low.

MadeTheSwitch

macrumors 65816
Apr 20, 2009
Interesting to see how many others have the same arrangement. I find the iPhone screens just too small and the OS just too limiting on a phone which I use differently than a tablet. But I love my iPad and the OS works fine for that purpose. So I have one foot in both camps. If Apple had been a bit more flexible early on, that would not have been the case, but they basically drove me into the arms of their competitors by refusing to make larger screens (until more recently) and refusal to change the OS much.

A Hebrew

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2012
Minnesota
I don't know if I prefer it, but I do have Android for phone and an iPad. If I could afford it/cared about my phone more I would probably prefer an iPhone though.

Wide opeN

macrumors 68000
Aug 27, 2010
Georgia
Not to sound pretentious but I can afford an iPhone I simply have no desire to own one.

iPhone= a pretty vein chick that would leave you in a minute.
SG3= a ride or die chick with looks and that has your back.

I know which one I want!!!

cheezeit

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2010
Dallas, TX
Man android as a tablet is kinda boring especially when I have my Apple TV and like to do mirror. Android as a phone is cool but when most of my friends are using iMessage it's handy to respond either with my phone/ipad/mbp.

So many tough decisions to weigh

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
Man android as a tablet is kinda boring especially when I have my Apple TV and like to do mirror. Android as a phone is cool but when most of my friends are using iMessage it's handy to respond either with my phone/ipad/mbp.

So many tough decisions to weigh

Apple TV? I've yet to find mirroring an iOS device useful with ATV on any level from pleasure to professional.

Regardless Miracast (Androids version of wireless mirroring) is picking up and is available with 3rd party units and will be available built in to future TV's.

I thought mirroring with ATV was cool but it didn't take long for the coolness to wear off with me due to limitations. Streaming to ATV from an iOS device is cool, but you can stream video/music with Android to anything you want PS3, Xbox, any media server including ATV. I wanted ATV to enjoy iOS on an HDTV especially the Internet. But since iOS doesn't support a mouse I need to physically hold the device and stare at it. I prefer just to dock it and use a keyboard mouse combo from the comfort of my couch with Android....

slch

macrumors newbie
Oct 19, 2012
My current config is iPad mini + galaxy nexus. I've been an android user for years now and I was never considering getting an iPhone but this tablet is so brilliant i'm thinking of getting apple's phone. The main stopper is the price. I just cant justify over twice n4 price.

matttye

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2009
Lincoln, England
Used to but I prefer iOS for everything now.

The only thing I find is that sometimes I don't have a use for my iPad. It can sit there for days sometimes because I just use my iPhone.

0dev

macrumors 68040
Dec 22, 2009
I'm the opposite. I have an iPhone but I prefer Android for tablets. Perhaps this is because I tend to use my phone primarily for basic things like social networking and quick Google searches - and these benefit from the simplicity of iOS - whereas I consider a tablet to a be a mini computer which I want more power over. Especially since a Nexus 7 can be carried around in a jacket pocket as well as a phone anyway.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.